Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: RWO bugs/errors - report issues here

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Has there ever been 3 consecutive posts beginning with the word "Sorry"?
    The Canadians are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause an international incident.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Home page (RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com ) has some stuffed CSS.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Check out the Swans v Giants Elimination Final 2021 thread starting with post 902. The Quote attribution section is not properly formed. I don't think it's a user error as there 3 consecutive posts with this error.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Home page (RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com ) has some stuffed CSS.
    I have no idea what this means. Or whether it matters. Does anyone ever look at the home page?

Veteran Site Admin
    Check out the Swans v Giants Elimination Final 2021 thread starting with post 902. The Quote attribution section is not properly formed. I don't think it's a user error as there 3 consecutive posts with this error.
    It is user error. Or at least, user caused.

If one person tries to partially quote another post and gets the quote tags wrong, anyone who subsequently quotes that reply will inherit the incorrect quote tags unless they edit them themselves while they are responding (or go back in and edit when they see they have posted a reply with incorrect quote formatting).

The solution is to be careful when you are replying with quote to a post where the quote formatting is clearly incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It is user error. Or at least, user caused.

If one person tries to partially quote another post and gets the quote tags wrong, anyone who subsequently quotes that reply will inherit the incorrect quote tags unless they edit them themselves while they are responding (or go back in and edit when they see they have posted a reply with incorrect quote formatting).

The solution is to be careful when you are replying with quote to a post where the quote formatting is clearly incorrect.
    Yes. I see what you mean. The problem goes back a long way with repeated citations of the original error. It's a bit tricky to notice that there's a problem in those circumstances.

Veteran Site Admin
    Yes. I see what you mean. The problem goes back a long way with repeated citations of the original error. It's a bit tricky to notice that there's a problem in those circumstances.
    I think it's usually pretty clear. There's a second name that appears above the text box in which the quote appears. That name will be that of the person you are actually trying to reply to. The name that shows in the text box as "originally posted by" will be the name of the poster that the first person (ie the one you are trying to reply to) replied to. (Sorry, that is a horribly constructed sentence but hopefully you can decipher it.)

If you are replying (with quote) to a post where there are two names appearing at the top, it's a warning check your own quote tabs to make sure you're quoting what you want to quote, and also that it is attributed to the correct poster.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause an international incident.
    How did we end up in this thread? Someone must have flicked the switch on the Post Transporter. Are you okay, Barry? Did you make it through to the other side?

Sorry I stuffed up the past players thread with the link, and can't delete the post and fix it

Can someone please fix and I'll go and give myself 50 lashings in the corner
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910