Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although I had it in my head, that the problem may have been linking from the ABC app, rather than their standard site. I can't recall if I did the experiment, to confirm or deny? Could that have anything to do with it?
    I think the issue is just pasting a URL from ABC News, on any platform.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'm sorry about what has happened in the Academy uproar thread.
    It has never behaved to me like this before. I was trying to put the heading from The Age so that others could read it.
    I hope someone who knows more than I do (wouldn't be hard) can either unpack it or simply remove it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    Very sorry, I just found out I have made the same mistake as dimelb has . Sorry, can moderator please delete my post 9#47 of the Academy Uproar Thread.

Veteran Site Admin
    The two latest incidents today were, I think, from Fairfax sites, rather than the ABC that we've been having problems with.

A solution is provided a few posts up by neilfws. I just tested it (in my private testing place) and it seems to work. Don't copy and paste the link straight into the test box. Instead click on the globey-looking icon at the top of the text box, and paste the url into the box it provides.

Sorry Liz but that doesn’t mean anything to me. Which may be firstly because I view and post on an iPad (with iOS) and secondly because I view and post to RWO on Tapatalk (for mobile format it is much better).

However even when I go to the website (on iPad) I don’t see any ‘globey’ looking icon.

Veteran Site Admin
    Immediately above this text box that I'm typing in there is a series of icons (eg bold, italics, size of font). They are grouped together into distinct groups. In the right hand group, the first icon is a blue blob with something at the bottom that neilfws describes as a chain. Hard to see with the size of it, but I'll accept it's a chain. It's immediately to the right of the emoticon icon (though that's in a grouping of its own). That's the icon for linking an article to the post you're creating.

I don’t see any of that on Tapatalk or by going to website on iPad. I wonder if those icons can be seen on a Mac? Perhaps the set-up you refer to only applies on a PC.

I won’t be the only RWO reader/poster using Apple devices.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I don’t see any of that on Tapatalk or by going to website on iPad. I wonder if those icons can be seen on a Mac? Perhaps the set-up you refer to only applies on a PC.

I won’t be the only RWO reader/poster using Apple devices.
    I don't think so. I can see them if I try to write a post on my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think so. I can see them if I try to write a post on my iPhone.
    Posting on website?

Veteran Site Admin
    Yeah

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Post #269 in the Geelong match thread has a link that is screwing up the thread.

This is what the link should look like: ‘Great spirit’: Swans cling on against Cats to seal thrilling comeback
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Post #269 in the Geelong match thread has a link that is screwing up the thread.

This is what the link should look like: ‘Great spirit’: Swans cling on against Cats to seal thrilling comeback
    Seems like that old bug that used to happen. I can't see how I can delete the post, will just have to leave it. You can still go to the next page so doesn't have too big an impact. Thanks for letting us know
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector