Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 16 Sydney v Geelong, SCG, 05 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansCats

Two horrible losses in a row to a couple of contenders. And we will get comprehensively belted by North next week with their high scoring brand of footy!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The buddy/tippett contracts are a millstone that have cost us big time. Getting both was a huge mistake

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I am loving Haywards work.. I am loving our kids..
    What work? Had Rohan stats tonight. Was out of it all game. Flies in a pack too much; should stay down.

Veterans List
    Last 8 quarters we're averaging THREE! scoring shots a quarter.

This year has gone, Jack gone with a knee, Macca gone with a shoulder/collarbone, Hanners gone with whatever he is carrying.

Time to play the future Horse. BIG opportunity for NEAFL players this week, step up, step up, senior places guaranteed, we hope. FFS give COR a few games, Dawson is a must, bring back Newman. Let's just drift down and maximise our draft position, the talent this year is massively talented and exciting.

We're done!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What work? Had Rohan stats tonight. Was out of it all game. Flies in a pack too much; should stay down.
    Yeah.. Went missing the 4th.. I liked his 3rd qtr..

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    The buddy/tippett contracts are a millstone that have cost us big time. Getting both was a huge mistake
    Bull@@@@.

We were unlucky with Tippett but Buddy has been a champion. Think again.

Does anyone think constantly focusing on being in the 8 is becoming a detriment to winning another premiership, would it be better to go down to come back to the top rather than being a bottom of the top 8 team.

I think the Swans could afford a leaner season or two if we were really building towards something, we need a complete rejig of our game style, we are one of the few teams not looking at speed and scoring

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Why was Luffy in the Geelong rooms???
    sprite

Senior Player
    Newman must play next week - he is clearly our most skilled player - who can get the ball - in the 2's. Dawson not ready but give him a run too if Jack and McVeigh are out.

Dawson and Newman are both fantastic kicks which we need.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Worst rule in footy....and it seems to be paid against us with monotonous regularity, not that it lead to us losing tonight though.

Top four will be interesting now. With our tough run home, this was one we had to win.
    The rule is ok if they only focused on players running past the player, not someone taking the mark (has been a part of our game since inception) or caught out of position like Hanners was. The fact they paid some and not others is perplexing.

Really how many premierships have we won since we recruited them?

Tippett was an overpaid disaster that never justified his salary,we recruited off one good final series, bad bad decision.

We did win one the year before we went on the recruiting spree. We wouldnt be a better team with Tom Mitchell, the game is won in the midfield and we had so much depth weve lost because of the salary cap.

We were seriously outplayed for the 2nd consecutive week, but this time at home against a very ordinary team. We lost the I50s once again (59-46). We really have a hard time generating space and offence through the middle of the ground.

We don't have the right mix of players right now. On the positive side, we should have a few of our better players and prospects ready to go, perhaps as early as next week: Heeney, Papley, Reid, Dawson and O'Riordan.

We are all big fans of Hannebery, so it hurts me to see him play so poorly. I don't even think he's fit enough to play in the reserves. Towers was also terribly unimpressive for someone who wants to get a regular gig in the seniors. I though Fox played well and should get another week. Not so Robinson.

The management want to win every game, but we have to be realistic about where we are and play for the future. We are so far off being a good side now.