Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 16 Sydney v Geelong, SCG, 05 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansCats

Veterans List
    Pre bye.....winning ugly. Post bye.....losing ugly. WTF is it with us after the bye? It's taken away any season momentum we had.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Another shocking performance at home. We are very very ordinary and should have been flogged!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I mentioned some weeks ago that we had these night games coming up where it is dewy and our inability to play the conditions. What I thought was disappointing was we got beaten so often in a one on one when the ball was on the ground.

On Ben Ronke; he has to learn to be positive and not cute with his kicking. This side ways, off the side of the boot kick, to a contest is plain low % stuff. Got to get it out of his game. If he kicked it forward of the players it gives our man to run on to it.

Senior Player
    Sad night tonight.Hanners has removed all doubt. He can't be played and he needs to sort himself out.
    McVeigh's last game?
    KJ probably saved himself the same embarrassment as Hanners by getting injured.
    Geelong won.
    Horse can't expect all the other players to carry the load anymore.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    The buddy/tippett contracts are a millstone that have cost us big time. Getting both was a huge mistake
    Honestly a loss drops the IQ on here by a good 40 points.

We signed Tippett as the best available big forward at the time. Then Buddy becomes available & wants to come to the Swans. What was the clubs supposed to do “Sorry Bud, we can afford you. We expect you will win a couple of Coleman’s. You’ll likely be an All Australian with us. Fair chance you play in a grand final with us. You’ll boost our membership. Merchandise sales will soar with your presence. But on the off chance the Swans don’t fulfill the expectations, we’re not going to go after you. Even if we can arrange our cap to fit you in”.

Honestly.

Veterans List
    The buddy/tippett contracts are a millstone that have cost us big time. Getting both was a huge mistake
    Crystal ball stuff there. If we knew Buddy was coming our way, we never would have gone for Tippett in the first place. We had no crystal ball......but your claim does have merit, in hindsight.

Veterans List
    Well we didn't deserve to win after allowing them all those scoring shots. It's a worry 2 weeks in a row now.

2 forced changes for next week with Jack and McVeigh injured. And McVeigh looks like broken collarbone so that will be the season for him 😞.

Selwood is really unlikeable. His constant staging every time he gets the ball ruins his reputation.

This loss hurts more than last week. Hopefully we can get Heeney, Papley and Reid back.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We were seriously outplayed for the 2nd consecutive week, but this time at home against a very ordinary team. We lost the I50s once again (59-46). We really have a hard time generating space and offence through the middle of the ground.

We don't have the right mix of players right now. On the positive side, we should have a few of our better players and prospects ready to go, perhaps as early as next week: Heeney, Papley, Reid, Dawson and O'Riordan.

We are all big fans of Hannebery, so it hurts me to see him play so poorly. I don't even think he's fit enough to play in the reserves. Towers was also terribly unimpressive for someone who wants to get a regular gig in the seniors. I though Fox played well and should get another week. Not so Robinson.

The management want to win every game, but we have to be realistic about where we are and play for the future. We are so far off being a good side now.
    I think you are a bit optimistic about Reid and Dawson. At least another week methinks.

Senior Player
    Really how many premierships have we won since we recruited them?

Tippett was an overpaid disaster that never justified his salary,we recruited off one good final series, bad bad decision.

We did win one the year before we went on the recruiting spree. We wouldnt be a better team with Tom Mitchell, the game is won in the midfield and we had so much depth weve lost because of the salary cap.
    Bull@@@@. You are totally wrong. Tom Mitchell would not have won us one more game this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Soooo disaapointing. 2 weeks we struggle kicking 60 pts. I guess the kick it to buddy at every chance u get isnt a great option. Im sure we name 6 fwds per week, can we implement a structure where we hit the best option with the fwds working together.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    But Buddy is the only one who has a work rate.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Honestly a loss drops the IQ on here by a good 40 points.

We signed Tippett as the best available big forward at the time. Then Buddy becomes available & wants to come to the Swans. What was the clubs supposed to do “Sorry Bud, we can afford you. We expect you will win a couple of Coleman’s. You’ll likely be an All Australian with us. Fair chance you play in a grand final with us. You’ll boost our membership. Merchandise sales will soar with your presence. But on the off chance the Swans don’t fulfill the expectations, we’re not going to go after you. Even if we can arrange our cap to fit you in”.

Honestly.
    We won one without them and none with them, they are the facts.

Senior Player
    Very unimpressed tonight with the lack of awareness of the players.Contesting marks against each other, spoiling each other, not knowing when to stay down, not bothering to look for each other and bombing it long.Some golden opportunities were lost tonight.

Senior Player
    We won one without them and none with them, they are the facts.
    We also won one with some very ordinary - but hard - players. Should we skip over Blakey in the draft do you think?