Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 16 Sydney v Geelong, SCG, 05 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansCats

Regular in the Side
    On a hopefully positive. next week in to the team Heeney paps and Reid to help the forwarded line. Probable Dawson and COR
    Allir starting to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Merdo5555 View Post
    The buddy/tippett contracts are a millstone that have cost us big time. Getting both was a huge mistake
    We all say things after losses we regret.... there is one for you Merdo.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    But Buddy is the only one who has a work rate.
    If we had 18 blokes with ronkes work rate we would be undefeated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Bull@@@@. You are totally wrong. Tom Mitchell would not have won us one more game this year.
    Really. No one can say for sure but one good to decent player instead of Jack/Hanners wouldn't make a huge improvement, it may have emboldened the coach to be more ruthless with the senior players if he had more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Very unimpressed tonight with the lack of awareness of the players.Contesting marks against each other, spoiling each other, not knowing when to stay down, not bothering to look for each other and bombing it long.Some golden opportunities were lost tonight.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    Even in our forward line tonight. I know he is young but was it McCartin who spoiled one out late when he could of marked it 35 metres out if someone had of let him know he had the fly on it - critical stuff up at a critical moment, which all comes down to coaching for always playing for the safe option first.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    We may have seen the last game for McVeigh.. That would be a sad way to go..
    Maybe but if there was talk just a few weeks ago - on form - of him going around one more year. Why should missing the rest of this year with an ?AC stop him continuing on next year with another full pre-season under his belt if he wants to?

Veterans List
    Our top six on the Fantasy point chart.

1 Callum Sinclair.......14 5 19 4 35 4 1 4 0 0 116
    2 Jake Lloyd..............23 10 33 4 0 2 1 3 0 0 112
    3 Luke Parker............17 6 23 4 0 1 2 7 2 1 111
    4 Josh P. Kennedy.......7 19 26 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 87
    5 Robbie Fox.............11 9 20 4 0 2 1 5 0 1 83
    6 Aliir Aliir...................7 12 19 8 0 2 2 2 0 0 73

Interesting.....position six. Admittedly, the totals drop away rather dramatically, reflecting an average team performance.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    We all say things after losses we regret.... there is one for you Merdo.
    Absolutely not, they didn't win us a premiership end of story. You get judged by results not hopes and dreams, or did i miss the premiership Tippett and Buddy played in. Would have been a completely different story if we had beaten the bulldogs but we didnt.

BTW I am criticizing the fact we took on 2 huge contracts. We should have looked at offloading Tippett as soon as we signed Buddy, even if we had to pay some of his salary, Tippett never lived up to the contract from the start.

anybody that suggests getting buddy was a mistake has rocks in there head.

Whats wrong is the way we go fwd and use him. We have all the parts for a premiership team, what we are missing the game plan to use him correctly. Either that or the players dont follow the game plan when going fwd.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    If we had 18 blokes with ronkes work rate we would be undefeated.

But Ronke didn't get forward much. I don't know why he isn't played as a forward pocket to support Buddy at the fall of the ball like he did when he kicked 7. If he played deep he would be far more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Newman must play next week - he is clearly our most skilled player - who can get the ball - in the 2's. Dawson not ready but give him a run too if Jack and McVeigh are out.

Dawson and Newman are both fantastic kicks which we need.

Dawson should be ready after this week. He has been back three weeks this week. Unfortunately Melican did the other hamstring, bummer. Newman, Marsh and O'Riordan as well as Dawson.

Outs; Hannas, Macca, Jack
    In; any of those options an Heens of course.

I think Newman could have made a huge difference in the mids tonight. He has abig body and could have taken joey's place. The others could not. Mind you Robbo was really good. Towers had not played in two weeks as he did not start in the reserves last week. It was silly to give him a game after two weeks off. His game was definitely off.

but there is a bigger problem. that of the game plan. To bomb it constantly to Tommy and Lance is @@@@ing stupid. You need to hit targets up. We played most of tonight with 17 players on the field as Hannas was just a disgrace. It was so obvious he is hampered. Get him @@@@ing fit you bastards. give him a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Maybe but if there was talk just a few weeks ago - on form - of him going around one more year. Why should missing the rest of this year with an ?AC stop him continuing on next year with another full pre-season under his belt if he wants to?
    I hope you are right.. Just feeling sad for a champion of our club..