Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hanners defenders

I call BS on all the injuries happening to underperforming players. Jack excluded.
    Funny how players aren't dropped, they are injured.
    I'd suggest that they carry more potential trade currency this way.
    So I guess I'm not complaining
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I think he needs to either rest for 4-5 weeks to get whatever is wrong (groin, calf, or everything else) and then get ready for a finals attempt.

If not that then miss the rest of this year and be ready for another go in 2019.

We cannot afford to play him now in his current form. No run, no sparkle, no assists, nothing !
    They did that with him earlier in the season.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Neil Cordy casually mentions that Hannebery is battling OP, as some suspected:

Swans believe Hannebery “getting back to his best” says Neil Cordy – LIVE AFL RADIO
    If that's the case he has had it for about 3 years. He has supposedly recovered from this. Sometimes players will say they are ok when they really aren't. If he got a calf injury why leave him out there if he was useless. By being out there he was a liability.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I think he needs to either rest for 4-5 weeks to get whatever is wrong (groin, calf, or everything else) and then get ready for a finals attempt.

If not that then miss the rest of this year and be ready for another go in 2019.

We cannot afford to play him now in his current form. No run, no sparkle, no assists, nothing !
    Agree with all of this.....surely doing the opposite by persisting with him in the seniors is potentially jeopardizing his longer term future. I'd rather have a gun Hanners running around in 2019 than the pale imitation lumbering around now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Fawlty was a waste of space.
    Has anyone called him that before? That's Gold!! I've never thought of that and I love Fawlty Towers.....

Hanners is absolutely cooked.

Shadow of his former self, injury prone, slow and has lost his main strength - gut running.

Time to go Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Hanners is absolutely cooked.

Shadow of his former self, injury prone, slow and has lost his main strength - gut running.

Time to go Daniel.
    Go where?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Go where?
    Back to the two's after he recovers? Pretty obvious.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 7th July 2018 at 05:40 PM.

It's very sad, he was never an elite kicker but now he is just awful. I hope he is carrying an injury so that some time off will see him return to the sort of form he used to display. He needs to be put on ice for the rest of the year, or play in the NEAFL until he can justify his spot.

Either way next year is looking like a make or break year which is sad for a player that should be coming into his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Go where?
    To the NEAFL obviously. He is going way worse than ROK was and they had no issue in doing that to him.

Do you think players deserve 'free passes' based on 2-3 years ago? If so, should they continue being total liabilities, how long do you propose they get the free pass for?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    To the NEAFL obviously. He is going way worse than ROK was and they had no issue in doing that to him.

Do you think players deserve 'free passes' based on 2-3 years ago? If so, should they continue being total liabilities, how long do you propose they get the free pass for?
    I feel your argument is based on emotions rather an understanding of the game.

Veterans List
    What must be going through his mind? It appears his body has succumbed to years of bashing and crashing. I can't help think that the knee injury he got in the 2016 GF was the catalyst for this. As the stats show, his form dropped dramatically from the start of 2017. It will be interesting to see if he can come back from here. I think he is contracted to the end of 2020 so perhaps a complete rest from training playing for the next few months is what he needs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast