Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hanners defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What must be going through his mind? It appears his body has succumbed to years of bashing and crashing. I can't help think that the knee injury he got in the 2016 GF was the catalyst for this. As the stats show, his form dropped dramatically from the start of 2017. It will be interesting to see if he can come back from here. I think he is contracted to the end of 2020 so perhaps a complete rest from training playing for the next few months is what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I feel your argument is based on emotions rather an understanding of the game.
    Please elaborate on your feelings?

Veterans List
    I feel your argument is based on emotions rather an understanding of the game.
    Funny that......in regard to Hanners, I think most Swans fans could realistically level that assessment squarely at the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Has anyone called him that before? That's Gold!! I've never thought of that and I love Fawlty Towers.....
    I’m pretty sure they have. Especially when he had a habit of short passing to opposition players in the dying minutes of a game. If you search for Fawlty on here a lot come up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Back to the two's after he recovers? Pretty obvious.....
    Not that aboviois as I read it as traded or delisted

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What must be going through his mind? It appears his body has succumbed to years of bashing and crashing. I can't help think that the knee injury he got in the 2016 GF was the catalyst for this. As the stats show, his form dropped dramatically from the start of 2017. It will be interesting to see if he can come back from here. I think he is contracted to the end of 2020 so perhaps a complete rest from training playing for the next few months is what he needs.
    I wonder if our view of his glorious past is clouded? He was good but it always seemed that he was praised for being able to play on after sustaining some sort for physical harm. He would be bumped, fall over, writhe in agony as if he had ruptured a kidney or three, trainers would come to just about call a stretcher, and then Dan would get up, double over with a grimace, wave them off and keep playing.
    Granted he did sustain some serious injuries, but week after week that above sequence of events would occur and he would just be ok to keep going. As a junior or a young recruit that display makes it look like you are putting your body on the line courageously, but that appearance of “single minded courage and determination” can mask crappy disposals and efficiency.
    Dan sometimes appears like a poor man’s Greg Smith or like he belongs at the World Cup (or as an Alex Rance stunt double).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I wonder if our view of his glorious past is clouded? He was good but it always seemed that he was praised for being able to play on after sustaining some sort for physical harm. He would be bumped, fall over, writhe in agony as if he had ruptured a kidney or three, trainers would come to just about call a stretcher, and then Dan would get up, double over with a grimace, wave them off and keep playing.
    Granted he did sustain some serious injuries, but week after week that above sequence of events would occur and he would just be ok to keep going. As a junior or a young recruit that display makes it look like you are putting your body on the line courageously, but that appearance of “single minded courage and determination” can mask crappy disposals and efficiency.
    Dan sometimes appears like a poor man’s Greg Smith or like he belongs at the World Cup (or as an Alex Rance stunt double).
    Won the coaches association MVP one year. Only a gun player, which he has been, wins that. Should also have a Norm Smith, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Three times all australian and twice top 5 in brownlow. His standing in the game is not cloudy to me.

Three times all australian and twice top 5 in brownlow. His standing in the game is not cloudy to me.
    Yep. & probs should have won the Norm Smith (but I might be biased here as I had $ on him @ $36 to do just that - which would have helped with the expense of a GF trip).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234