Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SYDNEY UMPIRES

SYDNEY UMPIRES

Sydney Umpires – After this week’s games - give an assessment on what you think.

Can we just give assessments on Camden's division 2 umpire?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Can we just give assessments on Camden's division 2 umpire?
    He has quite the reputation.

From the official umpires, they seem well organised and do a good job. Got to benchmark them off the standard of footy, not what we see on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    He has quite the reputation.
    Can't wait for next weeks game to turn into a farce. Surprised Camden board actually let him still do it. Every team in the comp mentions him straight away when you asked how they went against Camden.

filling up the bottles
    Good to see the umpires doing a good job today a kid in the under 19s gets the care flight helicopter called to the ground after a tackle off the ball and the player in question does not get reported.
    And even worse says after the game it’s not up to us.
    So who protects a kid who is half the size of the grub that dumps him on his head behind play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filling up the bottles
    Can't wait for next weeks game to turn into a farce. Surprised Camden board actually let him still do it. Every team in the comp mentions him straight away when you asked how they went against Camden.
    Mate he has your number and said he will sort you out so don’t worry.
    Mate you are having a laugh if you think club umpires don’t look after there own.
    You don’t need me to tell you what you are again do you?

Yet it seems like your one is the only club umpire ever mentioned for being a cheat?

But keep condoning it. Says a ;ot about your club.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Sydney Umpires – After this week’s games - give an assessment on what you think.
    It's hard to get good umpires. It's a thankless job.
    Umpires have to be as fit as the players. Maybe even fitter, because they don't get a spell on the interchange. And at lower divisional levels where games are run by club umpires, there aren't always ground managers to run them water at the quarter time breaks.
    And our game is the only code where the umpire has to do an act of skill with the ball. In other codes, the referee never touches the ball.
    It's a tough gig.

I saw some absolute howlers today. But the umpires weren't the only ones making howlers.

filling up the bottles
    Yet it seems like your one is the only club umpire ever mentioned for being a cheat?

But keep condoning it. Says a ;ot about your club.
    I think you are the only one to call him a cheat.
    Says a lot about you.

Senior Player
    I thought this thread was about Sydney AFL umpires.

Club umpires regards of their perceived bias and in many cases against their own teams are and always will be volunteers.

Sydney AFL umpires take money to do a job and that's what @@@@s me no end however as Norris rightly pointed out players probably make more howlers at grass roots than them.

What Im really surprised is no one has made mention after H20 information regarding the young bloke hurt.

For the record he played in the Div 2 19's premiership I coached in 2016 then played with St George (Giants academy testing himself) last year but missed the premiership through injury and is with Camden this year (he is a South West Region local).

Surely hearing a kid taken by helicopter from a venue after being out cold for over 13 minutes takes precedence over a bit of bitching.

The last thing we should be bitching about other than the 2 hours on game day is umps - Without them we don't have a game.

OK on clubbies in my time coaching the lower divisions seen the whole spectrum from better than most of the paid umps to the very dubious loose interpretations of the rules to say the least. the funny thing is if the club team makes the finals they get real umps anyway and can't cope with the real rules. Now Umpires I have no doubt that their mothers love them lets leave it at that.

Club umpires are club umpires. Depends on the volunteers and I am sure all clubs have at times gone god that was one sided but it won’t generally win a flag as what was commented on earlier u then get league ones for finals. I think majority of club umpires try do right thing.

League appointed umpires is where major issues lie there is a depth issue and a cost issue to clubs. Sydney afl umpires are paid a fortune and yet the standard seems to be dropping

Hopefully those at the top recognise this and act on it. All clubs pay a fortune for umpires and what is served up is questionable for the fees charged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast