Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 119

Thread: Changes for R17 v Kangas

  1. #49
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,963
    In's: O'Riordan, Cameron, Rohan, Marsh, Heeney, Newman, Papley.

    Outs: Jack, Hannerbury, McVeigh.

    Who will the bench eventually be?

    My prediction.....COR, Heeney, Papley and Cameron.

    To not play Cameron would be a tease although they may want to debut just one....if that's the case, Rohan back in. Harry unlucky maybe....

  2. #50
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,654
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Note also that it's a Sunday game so we will only get a squad - not the final 22. COR has been an emergency a few times so being named in the squad tonight won't tell us anything definitive. Still possible they'll announce COR will play after he's named in the squad tonight.
    There’s an announcement on the website/app. O’Riordan’s a confirmed starter.

  3. #51
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,774
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    In's: O'Riordan, Cameron, Rohan, Marsh, Heeney, Newman, Papley.

    Outs: Jack, Hannerbury, McVeigh.

    Who will the bench eventually be?

    My prediction.....COR, Heeney, Papley and Cameron.

    To not play Cameron would be a tease although they may want to debut just one....if that's the case, Rohan back in. Harry unlucky maybe....
    If Cameron were debuting it would have been announced. He's just named to fill the necessary emergency spots (and in case anything happens to Sinclair between now and whenever the NEAFL side flies to the NT).


    The bench named is actually as follows, meaning there's no question over Papley or Heeney's inclusions in the side (not that there would be anyway, if they are fit).

    • 17 Darcy Cameron
    • 10 Zak Jones
    • 31 Harry Marsh
    • 28 Nic Newman
    • 38 Colin O'Riordan
    • 27 Daniel Robinson
    • 16 Gary Rohan
    • 22 Dean Towers

    We know that O'Riordan's playing and it's inconceivable that Jones won't, but either Robinson or Towers from last week's team could yet lose his spot. Or both, for that matter.

  4. #52
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There’s an announcement on the website/app. O’Riordan’s a confirmed starter.
    .....and from another swans website article: 'Not in my wildest dreams': Irishman O'Riordan set to debut - sydneyswans.com.au

    O’Riordan’s mum and dad have already arrived in Australia for the young gun’s special game and will watch on from the stands alongside his girlfriend and one of his four brothers.

    If their reaction to O’Riordan’s mid-week news is of any indication, they wouldn’t miss his debut for the world.

    “They were pretty happy and mum got pretty emotional,” O’Riordan said.


  5. #53
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If Cameron were debuting it would have been announced. He's just named to fill the necessary emergency spots (and in case anything happens to Sinclair between now and whenever the NEAFL side flies to the NT).


    The bench named is actually as follows, meaning there's no question over Papley or Heeney's inclusions in the side (not that there would be anyway, if they are fit).

    • 17 Darcy Cameron
    • 10 Zak Jones
    • 31 Harry Marsh
    • 28 Nic Newman
    • 38 Colin O'Riordan
    • 27 Daniel Robinson
    • 16 Gary Rohan
    • 22 Dean Towers

    We know that O'Riordan's playing and it's inconceivable that Jones won't, but either Robinson or Towers from last week's team could yet lose his spot. Or both, for that matter.
    I agree that if Cameron was going to debut it most likely would have been announced today as well.

    So, on that basis and knowing Jones and O'Riordan will play, that leaves two spots to be filled by Marsh, Newman, Robinson, Rohan, Towers. Suspect Rohan will play if fit. That leaves one spot. I don't have particular confidence in any of the remaining guys; reckon they'll pick Robinson.

  6. #54
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    5,010
    The wouldn't have named Rohan as an option if they weren't going to play him, so he's in.
    The other I reckon will be Marsh
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  7. #55
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,079
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    The wouldn't have named Rohan as an option if they weren't going to play him, so he's in.
    The other I reckon will be Marsh
    Agree, we often go like for like. Marsh for McVeigh. Maybe Colin goes straight into the midfield. We need a strong body in there.

  8. #56
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    5,932
    I agree with CureTheSane that Rohan is likely to play if fit. I think we will be looking for more goal scoring options and is likely to take the place of Towers, who offered little last week.

    I would only play Robinson if we give him a tagging role either on Higgins or Cunnington. Hewett is likely to take one of them anyway.

    I would give the last spot to Newman, who has put together a lot of strong performances in NEAFL in recent weeks. It was a bit harsh to get dropped after each of his 3 games this year, all wins for us BTW, albeit his performances were below his norm for last year. He looks to be back to his best and his kicking can help us move the ball downfield with distance, something we've struggled to do this year.

    If the game goes to script, it could be another NM-SYD Snooze-athon. I hope we try to open the game up, but I'm not sure we have the talent to do it. I would like to try Rohan at halfback and give him more easy opportunities to get the ball in hand and make something happen.

    It's very possible that Majak Daw will play forward, which strangely could be a matchup for Reg, even though Majak is so fast and Reg so slow. Reg has a much better tank and may just outplay him with his read of the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Agree, we often go like for like. Marsh for McVeigh. Maybe Colin goes straight into the midfield. We need a strong body in there.
    Colin plays a lot more like McVeigh than does Marsh.

  9. #57
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,654
    Colin O'RIORDAN


    NEAFL stats

    O'Riordan had a great first season in 2016, especially for someone who had never played the game before and ended up being named in the NEAFL Team of the Year. His season ended early when he suffered a punctured lung in a NEAFL game in the NT, and famously had to be driven back the 4000km by Dennis Carroll and a doctor.


    He suffered a slight case of the second year blues when opposition teams knew how damaging he was and limited his output. But he has bounced back incredibly well this year to play consistently impressive footy and has lately spent time in the midfield as a further extension to his football education, The numbers themselves show his offensive improvement, but due to the limited stats we get at NEAFL level they fail to highlight the defensive side of his game. He is a good reader of the play and takes numerous intercept marks per game.


    He has always been a fantastic kick from the start but his handballs were poorly executed. However he has improved to such an extent that it is no longer a noticeable weakness. He is relatively quick but not express.


    Colin O'RIORDAN

    NEAFL stats

    Stat201820172016
    Totals   
    Games111617
    Bests839
    1st214
    2nd000
    3rd211
    4th102
    5th202
    6th110
    Goals455
    Behinds242
    Averages   
    Disposals28.719.419.6
    Kicks17.011.110.9
    Handballs11.78.38.8
    Marks8.65.33.8
    Tackles2.91.92.3
    Clearances1.20.41.5
    Inside 50s3.22.32.6
    Rebound 50s5.03.02.8
    Frees For1.10.40.6
    Frees Against1.40.71.1
    Dream Team111.473.870.0

  10. #58
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    In's: O'Riordan, Cameron, Rohan, Marsh, Heeney, Newman, Papley.

    Outs: Jack, Hannerbury, McVeigh.

    Who will the bench eventually be?

    My prediction.....COR, Heeney, Papley and Cameron.
    Make that COR, Heeney, Papley, Jones.

    I made the mistake of looking at the In's as the 'interchange from' and missed Jones.......

  11. #59
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    5,932
    Great write up on Colin O'Riordan, Ugg. It's good to see the statistical jump this year over his first 2 seasons.

    The only thing missing is that you forgot to mention that Colin is Ludwig Future Star winner, so we can all expect him to have a long and successful career.

  12. #60
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The only thing missing is that you forgot to mention that Colin is Ludwig Future Star winner, so we can all expect him to have a long and successful career.
    Who have been the other winners of the LFS ? Hopefully more Ben Ronke and less Abe Davis.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO