Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R17 v Kangas

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    They adjusted for speed, not height, swapping McVeigh and Cunningham with Jarrad taking Harry's place on the wing.

Majak Daw was thrown forward in the second half against the Suns week, they might do that move again just to give Brown some much needed support.
    Allir Allir on Majak Daw would be interesting.

The whole game will come down to whether our midfield start to click. The ease of clearance - and movement through the centre of the ground - for the Cats last weekend was dispiriting.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Is AJ banging down the door? Don't hear about his game as much as some others
    He a premiership player who was named in the best of reserves last week. Therefore only a question of fitness

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    He a premiership player who was named in the best of reserves last week. Therefore only a question of fitness
    I think consistency. He will need to put in more than one good performance. Role he plays (whose spot is he going to take). There might also be a mental aspect. Whether he’s ready?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Allir Allir on Majak Daw would be interesting.
    They've already played on each other once in 2016

Senior Player
    I'm not sure Daw is a great matchup for Grundy either; I agree that Aliir would probably mark him while Rampe takes Brown. Somewhat relieved to see Wood is out injured (not to wish that on any player) as he was too good for us earlier in the year and has a good year generally.

- - - Updated - - -

Good game! Nice last quarter goal by Hanners.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think consistency. He will need to put in more than one good performance. Role he plays (whose spot is he going to take). There might also be a mental aspect. Whether he’s ready?
    I'm not sure consistency is a criteria for senior selection.

And, its been almost a year since he made his comeback game in the 2's.

Even though AJ has had a late start to the season and hasn't played that many games this year, he has definitely improved this season and just has an AFL look about his game. I got the feeling after last game that if he can avoid getting injured again he has better than a 50-50 chance of making it back to the seniors. Our NEAFL side can be so dominant for long stretches of the game that it can be hard for defenders to show off their abilities on a consistent basis, simply due to lack of opportunity to see the ball in their area.

I don't know what the criteria is for AJ to be considered for senior selection, if he needs to show the kind of consistency that younger players usually need or he's more like a senior player coming back from injury, albeit a very long layoff.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Looks like Heeney, Papley and Rohan will be available for the Roos game. And potentially KJack. Horse mentioned Newman, Marsh, O'Riordan by name: "Colin’s a chance and he’s a chance regardless of injuries," Longmire said. "He’s been able to be consistent for quite a while, as has Newman and Marsh."...
    More importantly, will we see a return of "Irish Corner"?

AJ vs Smooch
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Anyone see the swans insta post ? Looks like a few of the boys getting around AJ at training looking super happy. Wonder if there is anything in that ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Would like to see Marsh back.

He is quick and if we are willing to give mccartin games to get confidence, i think we should just leave him in the side.

He has been better than Hannas, jack and a few others, but because he is not Horse pet, doesn't get any love.

And COR!! Yes i have been banging that drum a long time, but form must re rewarded!!!
    doof-doof

Veterans List

Hanners played well that day!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Would like to see Marsh back.

He is quick and if we are willing to give mccartin games to get confidence, i think we should just leave him in the side.

He has been better than Hannas, jack and a few others, but because he is not Horse pet, doesn't get any love.

And COR!! Yes i have been banging that drum a long time, but form must re rewarded!!!
    For a player in year 6 in the AFL he hasn't developed that well. He has a good skill set and open field pace, but is actually has a slow reaction time when it comes to making decisions and taking those 1st few steps. This makes Marsh a mediocre defender who is often beaten in 1 on 1 contests.

It's not that he's a bad player, but he doesn't look as though he will ever become a player worthy of a best 22 spot.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast