Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R17 v Kangas

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Anyone see the swans insta post ? Looks like a few of the boys getting around AJ at training looking super happy. Wonder if there is anything in that ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%2...20181107_4.JPG

Here's the full photo from the Swans website training pics (the insta shot was cropped). They look happy alright but I'm not getting a 'happiness over a huge selection vibe' from it.....but you never know. It says on the insta post: "sydneyswans@kc_ramplin all the boys were very excited 😂 this was just reaction during a warm up activity!" while the caption on the Swans website says "SIX!" Coach yells a number, you have to get into a group that size...

Mmmmmm. It is indeed intriguing but possibly nothing. Fingers crossed though.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 11th July 2018 at 07:40 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%2...20181107_4.JPG

Here's the full photo from the Swans website training pics (the insta shot was cropped). They look happy alright but I'm not getting a 'happiness over a huge selection vibe' from it.....but you never know. It says on the insta post: "sydneyswans@kc_ramplin all the boys were very excited ������ this was just reaction during a warm up activity!" while the caption on the Swans website says "SIX!" Coach yells a number, you have to get into a group that size...

Mmmmmm. It is indeed intriguing but possibly nothing. Fingers crossed though.....
    They asked Josh that qu on AFL360 tonight. He said "hopefully soon but not this weekend".

Just goes to show how excited WE will all be when it does happen. Imagine how AJ himself and all the team will be.

Two losses and some worrying signs but there seems to be too much giving up around here for my liking. Richmond are clearly number 1 but every other side has had a stumble or two with the "experts" writing off their chances. I'd prefer to keep swinging hard and lose trying to win it all this year rather than planning for next year already. I reckon we are specials this week at Etihad against the Roos. My changes are:

In: Papley, Heeney, COR, Cameron
    Out: Hanners, Jack, McVeigh, Robinson

No debut announcements by the Swans, but surely there will be at least one debutant?

AJ doesnt count as a debutant. Although anyone under the age of 6 would have every right to think so.

Veteran Site Admin
    Only one player is realistically a chance to debut this week (unless Sinclair joins the injured brigade).

You’d think that they’d have made a decision on COR early in the week, given the logistics involved in inviting his family over to see the game.

Swans often go early on announcing debuts. Makes me wonder?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. I don’t think Stoddart’s debut was announced ahead of the team announcement. Or Ronke’s either.

It makes sense to get AJ in early. I'm ready for the baseball bats: let him have a comeback game before his knee goes again OR it gives him time to run into form when we really need him.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You’d think that they’d have made a decision on COR early in the week, given the logistics involved in inviting his family over to see the game.
    It's a long way from Tipperary.

Merlin Colin plays on Sunday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Note also that it's a Sunday game so we will only get a squad - not the final 22. COR has been an emergency a few times so being named in the squad tonight won't tell us anything definitive. Still possible they'll announce COR will play after he's named in the squad tonight.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast