Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R17 v Kangas

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Make that COR, Heeney, Papley, Jones.

I made the mistake of looking at the In's as the 'interchange from' and missed Jones.......
    But Heeney and Papley haven't been named on the extended bench. They're in the team (subject to getting through the final training session of the week).

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Who have been the other winners of the LFS ? Hopefully more Ben Ronke and less Abe Davis.
    Jake Lloyd, George Hewett, Nic Newman, Ben Ronke and, and, and abe davis.

Veterans List
    Thanks for the COR write up Ugg. I get a feeling he'll be best 22 within a short time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Also, it turns out I'll be down in Melbourne this weekend. I find North games are torture but may go to see Buddy's 900th. I presume I should be able to just buy a ticket on the day? Or, if anyone has a spare, I'd welcome the chance to sit with Swans people.
    I don't have a spare ticket, but if you want to get a GA ticket and sit in the nose bleed section let me know.

COlin has the opportunity of a lifetime because he may genuinely get a chance to stay in the team a few weeks

Personally I don’t rate him higher then Newman or marsh nor fox but they are slightly different HBFs and it really comes down to matchups and the style we want to lean towards for that week

Colin is a competitor and will no doubt get a tight run with with role

No macca available means that Fox, lloyd, Jones get to be our running posting up HBFs with Heeney , Cunningham and Florent also lurking back through the flank transitions

I think that fox has been shown a lot of confidence this week by his senior team members and they most likely enjoy his flexibility to play back middle or forward which keeps him slightly above the Newman, marsh, Colin’s etc

I’m personally watching closely Fox this week because he is sneaking up on us all and I think will be rewarded an extension contract

Prior to his selection last week, I thought Fox was the best of reserves' players, so I'm not surprised he did well last week. He's actually played well every time he's been selected.

Given that we are losing our 2 left wingers in Jack and Hanners, Newman seems the most logical inclusion this week. I noted in another post the loss of left side players in recent times. Hopefully things improve next year if we get Dawson, Ling and Stoddart in the side.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It's a nice logical theory but this idea of left-footed players playing on the left wing and right-footers on the right wing isn't true, at least not with the Swans.

Check out the first bounce last week, we are kicking to right of screen so Hanners is in fact on the "right wing" and Florent on the "left wing". In any case, our two main wingers this year have been Ollie and Cunningham, both right footers.

It's a nice logical theory but this idea of left-footed players playing on the left wing and right-footers on the right wing isn't true, at least not with the Swans.

Check out the first bounce last week, we are kicking to right of screen so Hanners is in fact on the "right wing" and Florent on the "left wing". In any case, our two main wingers this year have been Ollie and Cunningham, both right footers.
    This is what's different about the Swans this year. Jack and Hanners used to run the left side in previous years. Hanners has been playing more on ball because he can't do that kind of running this year and Jack has been doing a lot less of everything.

Warming the Bench
    This is obvs not a concrete clue but Rohan posted an Instagram vid about 20 mins ago of his dog and it very much looks like he is still in Sydney.

Senior Player
    Finally listened to the 'team selection' video with Longmire. Got the impression the final 22 wasn't determined and there was still a possibility of another debutant (which would have to be Cameron).

The Brilliqnce of buddy being able to play both sides on one foot !!! Just amazingly well as a forward.......so good

up until 20yrs I played wing and I absolutely loved playing on the left as a right footer........ie The money ball is the inside ball cutting back into the corridor with a step off ur left foot and kicking with the right foot

Btw This year for significant periods of games we have seen Heeney drifting down the left wing and using either foot on the exits supporting our backline

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    This is obvs not a concrete clue but Rohan posted an Instagram vid about 20 mins ago of his dog and it very much looks like he is still in Sydney.
    There was a training session today in Sydney.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast