Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R17 v Kangas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changes for R17 v Kangas

Some forced changes this week...

OUT : McVeigh , Jack, Hannebery

IN : O'Riordan, Papley, Heeney

If Rohan is fit, he may also come in for Towers who was totally ineffectual last week....Not sure either deserve a spot....

In fact I'd like to see Cameron get a run, his NEAFL form has been excellent and consistent.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Before he got his poke in the eye Towers was playing some good footy - and trying hard. We know he's a confidence player so it's worth persevering with him, especially as stocks are low.

Heeney and papley are the obvious ins.
    Towers to hold his place for another week.
    I doubt Rohan is fit to play, so last spot could be...... AJ.

Veterans List
    Also, it turns out I'll be down in Melbourne this weekend. I find North games are torture but may go to see Buddy's 900th. I presume I should be able to just buy a ticket on the day? Or, if anyone has a spare, I'd welcome the chance to sit with Swans people.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Also, it turns out I'll be down in Melbourne this weekend. I find North games are torture but may go to see Buddy's 900th. I presume I should be able to just buy a ticket on the day? Or, if anyone has a spare, I'd welcome the chance to sit with Swans people.
    Haha a Norf gaming being sold out.... not likely GS! definitely lots of seats for sale at the gate.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Is Papley fit?

Heeney is obviously a massive in. I think Towers is a great back up ruck, I'd persist and hope he warms back into it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Haha a Norf gaming being sold out.... not likely GS! definitely lots of seats for sale at the gate.
    They'll be giving away tickets outside the ground and in the surrounding streets!

Ins: COR Papley Heeney Dawson Newman
    Outs: Jack Hanners Macca Towers Robbo
    We need to find a way out of defense this week. Newman has his trusty left boot and COR a bit of run and carry. Dawson to provide a marking target and help win some contested ball. Papley and Heeney both faster and more willing than Jack and Hanners who both look badly out of touch. I liked what Towers did pre poke in the eye but he looked terrible the other night and it might be best for him to get some confidence up in Neafl. He's not exactly in the category of an automatic selection straight out from injury. Robbo has had lots of chances and does a few good things but is he really better than Newman? I'm actually quite optimistic in that I think the injuries may just be a blessing in disguise and force Horse to pick a faster, congestion busting team by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'm actually quite optimistic in that I think the injuries may just be a blessing in disguise and force Horse to pick a faster, congestion busting team by default.
    I agree with this.

Apart from McVeighs' smarts (together with lots of cheap possies and dinky kicks).

We haven't lost anything much with McVeigh, Jack and Hanners out. ...I can hear all the shouts of "what about experience",

but experience is worth diddly squat if they are labouring around the field being ineffectual.

Lloyd will slot into McVeighs role..he's been doing it anyway.

Heeney and Papley offer so much more, than Jack and Hanners, on present form.

O'Riordan will bring plenty of run and enthusiasm ....If picked.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I don't have a spare ticket, but if you want to get a GA ticket and sit in the nose bleed section let me know.

Assuming out: McVeigh, Jack, Hanners.

Then I would say In's are clearly Papley and Heeney if fit, and I'm guessing they may go Marsh rather than O'Riordan, though I'd prefer COR was given an opportunity.

Cameron has been doing well and deserves a go also at some stage - though maybe the gold coast game is the obvious one where that might happen.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

OUT: McVeigh (injured), Hanners (injured), Jack (if injured), Towers (omitted), Robinson (omitted)
    IN: Heeney, Papley, Dawson, O'Riordan, Cameron

Sinkers is struggling to cope with the workload think it's time to give Cameron a well-earned go against Goldie and co. Dawson gives us another player that can go forward and take a mark. Surely it's now or never for these two? Especially given we may not see Reid again this year.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast