Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 17 Weekly Discussion Thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

#AFL Round 17 Weekly Discussion Thread

Cheering hard for the Crows of course, but also at the same time wondering how we struggled to get the ball out of defence when the Crows are doing quite well tonight.

The Crows charge forward , pretty descisive, create scoring opportunities even if some attempts are turnovers.
    Swans stop for a big think.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Cheering hard for the Crows of course, but also at the same time wondering how we struggled to get the ball out of defence when the Crows are doing quite well tonight.
    The Geelong forwards, other than Hawkins, who doesn't defend much anyway, were really poor in their forward pressure. Buzza, Simpson, Jermaine Jones and Menzel provided nothing to keep the ball in Geelong's forward 50.

Unrelated to above , but anyone see the sliding doors segment on the AFL website ? Basically says despite banners being under contract , clubs are asking and more will do so in the off season. Finished off with ‘ something funny going on here ‘ or words to that effect. Anyone heard any of this chatter , first I’d heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Unrelated to above , but anyone see the sliding doors segment on the AFL website ? Basically says despite banners being under contract , clubs are asking and more will do so in the off season. Finished off with ‘ something funny going on here ‘ or words to that effect. Anyone heard any of this chatter , first I’d heard it.

Barrett is a clown. You or I could write Sliding Doors sitting at home. Shallow rubbish to be taken with a grain of salt.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post

Glad you brought it up as I read it and wondered what was going on, too.

Love Hanners. Have a framed picture on a wall at home of him taking a mark in the 2012 Grand Final. However, on this year's form and with his injuries, it's hard to see another club being interested. I'm still hoping he can get over his injuries and regain form with us. The disappointing part of what Barrett wrote was the inference that something dishonest was going on.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Glad you brought it up as I read it and wondered what was going on, too.

Love Hanners. Have a framed picture on a wall at home of him taking a mark in the 2012 Grand Final. However, on this year's form and with his injuries, it's hard to see another club being interested. I'm still hoping he can get over his injuries and regain form with us. The disappointing part of what Barrett wrote was the inference that something dishonest was going on.
    Barrett is the one who is dishonest. Gossip monger.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Barrett is a clown. You or I could write Sliding Doors sitting at home. Shallow rubbish to be taken with a grain of salt.
    24 hours and in some cases just 12 hours before the Sloane re-signing announcement a number of prominent footy news journo's had him all but signed with Hawthorn.

These guys know stuff all, they predict a heap of stuff to keep the airwaves buzzing, 80% turns out to be hot air.

We won't lose anyone, unless it's Lloyd to silly $.

Veterans List
    Had a good bottle of McLaren Vale Shiraz to drink so thought I'd watch tonight's gem of programming. WTF AFL, who is responsible for giving Friday night games to Carlton?

Now I've only seen a bit of Carlton but have noted that every is saying their sky is falling however a good % of their boards reckon they have the foundations of a good side. Not from what I've seen tonight, a heap of GWS rejects, a number of ageing stars that won't be there in a couple of years and - well the world's tallest midfielder Patrick Cripps. They must be paying him $2mill a season to play there.

I did wonder who at Carlton is getting the $12.968mill (95%) they have to pay in salary cap?

I liked this one on the BF main board describing the SOS recruiting philosophy at Carlton

Step 1: Recruit GWS rejects

Step 2: ?

Step 3: Win Premiership!
    Last edited by 707; 14th July 2018 at 12:07 AM.

Veteran Site Admin
    It’s hard to think the Hawthorn guernsey could get any uglier but the one they’re wearing today achieves just that. I presume it’s for “a cause” but that doesn’t make it any less of an eyesore.

The Lions taking it right up to them is, on the other hand, a thing of great beauty.

I would not want to be playing the lions at the moment.

Lions Beating Hawks by over 6 goals in Tassie:
    That’s very very pleasing .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast