Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 17 Sydney v North, ES, 15 July 2018 @SydneySwans #NorthSwans

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Any ideas where I can access a replay of this game? My wife thought it was good for the environment to turn off the power to the PVR while we were away for a week.
    And how's the environment around your place now?

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    I thought that Hodge was terrific and I'd be quite happy to listen to him any time.
    To be fair, anything is better than listening to Bruce and Ling
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    Hodge had his learner plates on, but he had good insights when he got them out.

I managed to watch a replay of the North game after only being able to listen to it via a radio app while I was overseas. It is so much less stressful watching such an awesome game when you know the result.

As others have said, what a pleasure it is to watch Tom McCartin in his first year of AFL. He would have to be considered a top 10 draft pick in a redo. Scott Thompson is an experienced, top-line defender and McCartin was outstanding against him. I would expect him to up his average goals per game from next year but at the moment he is playing the hard-working, lead-up forward exceptionally well.

Yes Re McCartin a gem for Swans footy kicking to a target / contest

Can someone become a great kick for goal with buddy and tony Lockett around u ?

Yes it’s probably the place to be to find out

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Yes Re McCartin a gem for Swans footy kicking to a target / contest

Can someone become a great kick for goal with buddy and tony Lockett around u ?

Yes it’s probably the place to be to find out
    Has Lockett helped out at the swans this year?

Yes the big maaan has been back last two seasons I believe

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    To be fair, anything is better than listening to Bruce and Ling
    Agree totally.....Bruce passed his use by date long ago and Lingy has totally lost me this season.....now just another Seven Vic dick.

Senior Player

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It's a terrific piece. And he is so modest! He could become our most accurate field kick, and he is obviously pretty quick.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
    My first post so I'm not allowed post the link to the Tipperary Football Website but here is a piece on Colin O'Riordan from that website.

edit: Colin O'Riordan Makes His Swans Debut
    An interesting sentiment ...
    There is so much we could learn from Aussie Rules that would improve Gaelic football but it appears the powers that be only favour change when it puts a few extra bob in the bank rather than change a few rules that would make our once great game watchable again. The irony is if they changed the rules, banned things like blanket defences, limited the amount of hand passes while increasing the amount of steps you can take with the ball in your hand, the crowds would come back and the extra money would flow.
    What do you guys/gals think about increasing the steps you could take before needing to take a bounce? It might encourage more "line-breaking" runs and I'm sure Rohan would like the idea.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
    My first post so I'm not allowed post the link to the Tipperary Football Website but here is a piece on Colin O'Riordan from that website.

edit: Colin O'Riordan Makes His Swans Debut
    What a great read. Thanks for posting that.

Loved this last sentence, especially the bit about naming him twice. "Then with just 1.48 left on the clock Aliir Aliir (so good they named him twice) ran onto a loose ball and slotted home the winner for Sydney.