Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 17 Sydney v North, ES, 15 July 2018 @SydneySwans #NorthSwans

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Parker was dynamite in that last ten minutes. Extraordinary seeing his work in the absence of Kennedy.
    In the last two minutes - Parker getting off a handball whilst being held horizontally... visionary stuff!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    For those who were at the game, what percentage of the crowd would you say were Swans supporters?

The TV cameras were on the same wing as most Swans fans, so the coverage mainly showed the sparsely populated NM members wing. The other side was more densely packed (and with a majority of Swans fans where I was sitting), but it is difficult to gauge the figure from just one spot, so I am just curious about the assessment of others.
    I was sitting ground level on the 50m Arc at the Coventry end. I thought it was probably 50/50 for much of the game but when Ziebell kicked that last goal it sounded like 70/30

Was glad we were able to shut them up in the end

Heard somewhere that AA’s nickname is
    CHANDALIIR .
    Thought it was quite clever.

Lights up the game !!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    In the last two minutes - Parker getting off a handball whilst being held horizontally... visionary stuff!!
    As well as smother in the centre when it looked like north where getting clearance. A punch out of bounds in a marking contest. He and Heeney really stood up as leaders in those last few minutes. Inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Heard somewhere that AA’s nickname is
    CHANDALIIR .
    Thought it was quite clever.

Lights up the game !!
    That one is a Ted Richards special

Good ol Ted.
    I’m buying it .

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    If Norf had Mason Wood in the team, or even Waite, I think the game would have been very different. But I guess you could say the same thing about our "outs" as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    ... Sometimes speed is overrated here compared to other key attributes.
    I think we just found the winner of the "Understatement of the Year" award ;-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
    My first post so I'm not allowed post the link to the Tipperary Football Website but here is a piece on Colin O'Riordan from that website.

edit: Colin O'Riordan Makes His Swans Debut
    Great read....thanks Bigjohn.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 19th July 2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: original post updated

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Yes I doubt it based on this article

Category: | Herald Sun

SYDNEY could have to stump up as much as $400,000 a season to keep Aliir Aliir as their chase for Darcy Moore stalls...

Aliir is out of contract at the end of the season, and had been waiting until he was playing regular football to ramp up talks.

But clubs have been made aware that he could be acquired if they are prepared to pay as much as $400,000 a season...

Sydney still believes it is in a good position to sign him up, as it works through contracts for Sam Naismith, Jake Lloyd, Heath Grundy and Jarrod McVeigh.

Harley told the Herald Sun last week the club was optimistic about its prospect of re-signing star defender Lloyd...
    Mark, believe what you want in the HUN. Longmire said some weeks ago that this was McVeigh's last season.

Nico, not sure what you are referring to, the link was about AA, not McVeigh. Horse actually said this week he was surprised Macca played on this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Nico, not sure what you are referring to, the link was about AA, not McVeigh. Horse actually said this week he was surprised Macca played on this year.
    I was referring to the second last line of your post where it said we were working on a McVeigh contract.

Any ideas where I can access a replay of this game? My wife thought it was good for the environment to turn off the power to the PVR while we were away for a week.