Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: #AFL Rd 17 Sydney v North, ES, 15 July 2018 @SydneySwans #NorthSwans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    What do you guys/gals think about increasing the steps you could take before needing to take a bounce? It might encourage more "line-breaking" runs and I'm sure Rohan would like the idea.
    I believe the author was musing about changes they could make to Gaelic Football......not AFL. If only he realised that a lot of people are actually complaining about 'the look' of Australia's own game.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Thanks! A great yarn.

Swans snatch thriller - sydneyswans.com.au

Has anyone else watched this 3 times lol ? 😂

I mean lloyd wins the ball (the guy who half the forum hated for not being supposedly tough enough a few years ago / now tough is redefined)

Rampe kicks on his wrong foot to a contest ( the guy who was a midfielder and recruited as a mature age rookie and is one of the best man to man defenders in the Comp)

The contest has AA (a CHB) competing as a high FF with a young first year 18 year old McCartin both punching away at the contest like their life depended on it and then AA goes again now as a scrapping crumbing forward pocket roving past the contest to kick a check side 😂 really !!!! That just happened !!!

Wow time can trick all of us when predicting outcomes and the development of players

Who would have thought lllllooooydddd, AA, Rampe and McCartin to seal the game !!

Not many top 10 draft picks there when they were18yrs old !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Thanks! A great yarn.
    Thanks for all your kind comments lads.

I’m taking it from some of the comments that ye are not overly happy with the direction footy is heading.

We have a saying in Ireland “the nearer the church the farther from God” and I think that might apply here. People are looking for the negatives in your game rather than focusing on the positives

Believe me in comparison to Gaelic Football, which is dead only to wash it, ye have a brilliant product which could and should be marketed through out the world.

Anyway, rather than going to bed and getting up, I’m going old school tonight and pulling an all nighter staying up for the Swans game which will be shown at 5:10am in the morning Irish time.

Go Bloods and H’on O’Riordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Swans snatch thriller - sydneyswans.com.au

Has anyone else watched this 3 times lol ? 😂

I mean lloyd wins the ball (the guy who half the forum hated for not being supposedly tough enough a few years ago / now tough is redefined)

Rampe kicks on his wrong foot to a contest ( the guy who was a midfielder and recruited as a mature age rookie and is one of the best man to man defenders in the Comp)

The contest has AA (a CHB) competing as a high FF with a young first year 18 year old McCartin both punching away at the contest like their life depended on it and then AA goes again now as a scrapping crumbing forward pocket roving past the contest to kick a check side 😂 really !!!! That just happened !!!

Wow time can trick all of us when predicting outcomes and the development of players

Who would have thought lllllooooydddd, AA, Rampe and McCartin to seal the game !!

Not many top 10 draft picks there when they were18yrs old !!!!
    Um, you are totally overlooking the effort of Tom Papley in there - very smart tap on. No Papley = No Aliir goal.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Good call

Just hand picked 4 players in that contest that sealed the game (ie all no elite juniors and presto we have some serious rattle and hum)

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526