Thread: Does anyone know....?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Does anyone know....?

In the video of the team belting out the song after today's game, there's an "older" gentleman in the background joining in the song. I'm talking about a man in his 60s or 70s. He can be seen between Callum Sinclair and Dane Rampe. He's wearing a Swans top and his shirt underneath has green in its collar. I feel I should know his name but it just won't come to me. He's been around the club for years and I feel he could be Melbourne based as when I flew from Melbourne to Sydney to watch the unveiling of our flag in 2006, he was on my return flight.

Can anyone help?

Sadly they didn’t play it on 7mate up here in Sydney.

They didn't play it on fox either.
    Bad form.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    It's on the Swans' website. Don't know the answer to the question though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    In the video of the team belting out the song after today's game, there's an "older" gentleman in the background joining in the song. I'm talking about a man in his 60s or 70s. He can be seen between Callum Sinclair and Dane Rampe. He's wearing a Swans top and his shirt underneath has green in its collar. I feel I should know his name but it just won't come to me. He's been around the club for years and I feel he could be Melbourne based as when I flew from Melbourne to Sydney to watch the unveiling of our flag in 2006, he was on my return flight.

Can anyone help?
    You are right about him being around the club for ages, he is a Melbourne based trainer that has been a trainer from back in the South Melbourne days. I was introduced to him at Sydney airport after that very same game in 2006 so I should remember his name, but sadly I don't.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    You are right about him being around the club for ages, he is a Melbourne based trainer that has been a trainer from back in the South Melbourne days. I was introduced to him at Sydney airport after that very same game in 2006 so I should remember his name, but sadly I don't.
    Thanks all for replies. And thanks for shedding some light, Dr. J. I did wonder if he was an ex-player but if he was a trainer back in the good ol' South days, that's why his face would be familiar. I certainly spent enough Saturday afternoons at the Lake Oval and other Victorian grounds to at least recognise the faces of anyone who had anything to do with our club back then!