Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R18 v Suns

Changes for R18 v Suns

Kennedy is now "expected to play" Swans are 'expecting' skipper to play Suns - AFL.com.au If he doesn't get up, I'd like to see Dawson get a crack

Reg I presume will return from being rested, based on Horse's post-game comments.

I know that Longmire doesn't like to rest players, but I wonder if he'll take the opportunity to give McCartin a rest, and Cameron a game to reduce the load on Sinkers a bit? Or even rest Sinkers and give Cameron a go?

Don't think Jack will be ready, but Rohan might come under consideration in place of someone like Robinson.

IN: Grundy, Cameron, Dawson (if Kennedy injured), possibly Rohan
    OUT: Marsh, McCartin/Sinkers, Kennedy (injured), possibly Robinson

I'd love for Joey to be rested. It won't hurt to be sure and take a week off.
    FFS... it's the Suns. If we can't beat them without Joey, we are on a rapid decline.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'd give Cameron a shot and Sinkers a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'd love for Joey to be rested. It won't hurt to be sure and take a week off.
    FFS... it's the Suns. If we can't beat them without Joey, we are on a rapid decline.
    Horse won't take them lightly and rarely rests senior players... But surely it's also an opportunity to try out a Dawson (please not Foote) before the finals?

Veterans List
    I ran into Josh last night and he said that he'll be doing everything he can to play this weekend - and he thought he will be out there. I said this could be a good week for him to have a rest and he said that was not his thinking.

My gut feeling is finding a game that gives Dawson a good match In Snrs is the way to enter

He has some strong attributes but run with or tagging there are better

He is tracking in the right direction though

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I ran into Josh last night and he said that he'll be doing everything he can to play this weekend - and he thought he will be out there. I said this could be a good week for him to have a rest and he said that was not his thinking.
    I guess Kennedy figures he got his rest last week by only playing 1 quarter.

GC only have Peter Wright as a tall forward. Although it seems a good match up for Reg, I would leave Reg out another week and see how Aliir goes on a big forward, perhaps as a test of how he might go against Mason Cox when we take on Collingwood.

Bring Rohan in to replace Marsh in defence and have him play on Aaron Young. Although Marsh has a decent top speed once he gets going, he takes some time to get there and is not a good defender out of the goal square. I can't remember Rohan playing an assigned 1 on 1 defensive role (although he probably has in the past), so here's a chance to see how goes against an average forward around his size. Could reap rewards in the future if it goes well.

This leaves Rampe to play the +1 and try to fill the hole in front of the leading forward and be 3rd man up in the marking contest. I think this role suits him best. He reads the play so well and finds a way to influence the contest. As we saw in the 4th quarter last week, Rampe can make a big difference when we can get him running through the midfield and delivering the ball inside 50. It would be good if we could give him more freedom to do that.

I would like to see Cameron get a game, but I suppose it means dropping either Sinclair or McCartin, although he could, in principle, come in for Kennedy.

I would also like Dawson to get a game. Again, it would be a question of who to drop. Robinson had some good moments with getting a lot of the ball. Newman is the other possible out, but it would seem cruel to drop him for the 4th time, all after wins for us, so we are 4-0 with him in the side this year. Let him get 2 consecutive AFL games to find his AFL rhythm.

I'd like to see us continue with the game style that we played on Sunday, whoever is in the side. It's also a good opportunity to try a couple of new players and positioning. I think we should be able to do this and still be respectful of our opponent

Buddy did say this after the North game: "a lot of the young kids stepped up and we knew if we could run and carry and take the game on, which we were able to do, we would be able to get the win." Franklin praises youngsters - sydneyswans.com.au

With a very similar side you'd hope they'd play a similar style, although not sure Horse likes conceding 90+ points.

I'd prefer not to see Rohan back in the seniors until he's had a couple of 30 possession games in the two's. I don't mind the idea of giving Cameron a game and Sinkers a rest. This is a danger game, it's the sort of game we drop through complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    This is a danger game, it's the sort of game we drop through complacency.
    If you think it's a danger game then we should bring in all the players fighting for a spot in the side: Cameron, AJ, Dawson, Foote, Towers and Rohan. They won't be complacent.

I think if we want to play in the same style we played against North (and if possible I think we should), then there should be minimal changes this week. One I would consider would be Cameron for McCartain. McCartain has been great for a first year player but it might be time for him to go back to the Neafl and work on aspects of his game in a less pressured environment. Cameron has just been outstanding this year in the Neafl. He got towelled up by the big O and Archie Smith at the start of the season (v Lions) but since then has not been beaten by anyone. That includes Crossley and Dawson Simpson who are both playing AFL at present. He's been dominating hit outs, racking up possessions, taking marks (especially contested) and kicking goals. He has shown excellent mobility for a big man and is more than capable of playing forward then relieving Sincas in the ruck (Sincas needs a break - the big guy has looked buggered the last few weeks). If Cameron goes well, as dirty as it makes me feel, we could even contemplate using Naismith as trade bait given we will have Sincas, Cameron and Amartey as ruck options (if this happens, Sam will most probably do a Nankervis on us!). In: Cameron Out: McCartain

Grundy in for marsh. Probably Jack or Rohan for Kennedy.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast