Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changes for R18 v Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I'd actually like to put Rohan on the ball in the mids. Maybe not an in and under, but more of an outside mid. That way he gets to utilise his pace as well as getting multiple touches.
    He doesn't have the endurance for that. I also doubt that he can read the play well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Andrew Wu reporting that Grundy has been left out for team balance. Which doesn’t make sense given that the Suns have two genuine tall forwards. I’d be more understanding if he was left out due to a choice between himself and Aliir, but really he’s been omitted in favour of Marsh who I believe is a limited defender.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/swa...17-p4zrwm.html
    That just makes no sense at all. He, Rampe and Smith are our most important defenders, regardless of match-ups and team balance. Grundy has has two weeks off so they can't be resting him. The only conclusion I can come to is that he's injured.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 20th July 2018 at 09:15 PM.

Veterans List
    With Grundy, it could be a niggle he's played with for awhile but with finals approaching, getting him right well in advance may have become a priority.....

It will be interesting to see if he plays Neafl and if so, for how many minutes.

I just wonder if he will definitely retire at the end of the year?

Feels like a huge changing of the guard pending at the Swans at the end of the year.

All these players may no longer be in the best 22, not sure what we do with those that are contracted - give them to Stuart Dew?

Grundy
    Jack
    McVeigh
    Rohan
    Hanners

These players may also be on the way out

Foote
    Towers
    Robinson
    Rose
    AJ
    Pink

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Feels like a huge changing of the guard pending at the Swans at the end of the year.

All these players may no longer be in the best 22, not sure what we do with those that are contracted - give them to Stuart Dew?

Grundy
    Jack
    McVeigh
    Rohan
    Hanners

These players may also be on the way out

Foote
    Towers
    Robinson
    Rose
    AJ
    Pink
    This should probably be in the List Changes thread but there's a limit to how many changes we can make purely because we don't have ND picks to back fill them. Foote, Towers, Robbo & AJ will stay as will Rohan & Hanners. KJ has another year on his contract even if it's played mainly in NEAFL.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    This should probably be in the List Changes thread but there's a limit to how many changes we can make purely because we don't have ND picks to back fill them. Foote, Towers, Robbo & AJ will stay as will Rohan & Hanners. KJ has another year on his contract even if it's played mainly in NEAFL.
    I think Jack may be retiring at the end of the season (like Tippett and Laidler who retired even though they were contracted). Can't wait for this game, such a different looking team without many of the older heads. Great chance for your young brigade to stand up, particularly glad we're playing the suns with all the changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If you think it's a danger game then we should bring in all the players fighting for a spot in the side: Cameron, AJ, Dawson, Foote, Towers and Rohan. They won't be complacent.
    Hey Lud, I told you so. I'm not sure Ranga, AJ and Towers would have made much difference.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567