Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R18 v Suns

Regular in the Side
    I would not bring Rohan in but apparently he kicked five goals last time we played the Suns!

THE SIX POINTS

1. The Suns led by five points at quarter-time when the sides last played before the Swans kicked 13 goals to 2.7 in the next three quarters. Gary Rohan was the star with 15 kicks, nine marks and five goals.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    [*]I'd also like to see Cameron rewarded but I don't think we want to change around our structures so much to accomodate him. I don't think they want to go too tall with Buddy, McCartin, and Cameron/Sinclair in the same forward line. It could work but McCartin and Buddy would play up the ground. However, if he was playing I think there would've already been a debut announcement.
    I think it's unlikely that Cameron will debut (just because it would require a change of structure) but the lack of any announcement thus far means nothing. We had the same discussion a week ago before the team was announced with O'Riordan included, noting there had been no announcement beforehand. And I don't believe any of our other three debutants this season were pre-announced either.

Confusingly the training gallery Training Gallery: the Suns await - sydneyswans.com.au from today says of Josh Kennedy: “He looks likely to play against the Suns.”

Good chance they’ll name him and he’ll be a late out

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Agree. Whilst Sunday's game style maybe more enjoyable to watch, you don't win premierships conceding 90+ points.
    You don't often win premierships kicking less than 80 either. The only ones since 2000 are; 2002, 2005 and 2013, that's three of the last eighteen. Mind you the only one that had less than 20 scoring shots was the Swans in 2005. If you can't score you can't win premierships as a rule and if you play any of these teams you are going to have to score; Richmond, Melbourne, GWS, Geelong (something we failed to do against them last time), Eagles, Port, Crows, Collingwood and North. All of those sides are very capable of scoring very quickly and scoring high scores.

The idea that you can keep finals teams down to 50 or 60 points is now gone by the by. If we keep a team to 75-80 points and score ourselves then we will be a chance but to say you can't win a GF conceding 90 is a little naive in this climate. Last year, maybe, but in 2018, I'm not so sure. I think Tigers were a little lucky the opposition didn't turn up last year. We did the same in 2014 but still managed to score 11.8 which is more than we scored in the three games before the Norf game. In 2016 we just couldn't score because the umpires kept breaking our momentum. But I think the scoring will increase in finals as more teams who have top forward line players make the finals. It's no longer just about defence, it is now about having a far more dangerous forward line than the opposition.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Cameron debut! Robinson out

Still no Grundy! WTF

Emg: Robinson Grundy Towers Rohan

Veteran Site Admin
    I'm a little surprised but very happy that they've finally given Cameron the nod. Along with O'Riordan last week I don't think there's been a harder earned or more deserving debut in recent seasons.

Robinson is a bit stiff - I thought he was OK against the Roos but I guess someone has to make way. And it's fair to give Newman two consecutive games after being in and out of the side sporadically all season.

The Grundy absence is a bit of a head scratcher. I wonder if he'll play NEAFL? (I suspect not.)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Darcy CAMERON

Played the first 9 games of the 2017 NEAFL season before a shoulder injury suffered in the R11 clash against the Giants ruled him out for the rest of the year.

This season his form has been outstanding, and has become one of the NEAFL's best ruckmen who can contribute both in the ruck, around the ground (often dropping back in defence to take intercepting marks) as well as a genuine goal threat when rested forward.

A well-deserved call up.

Stat20182017
    Totals  
    Games139
    Bests91
    1st30
    2nd20
    3rd00
    4th21
    5th20
    6th00
    Goals196
    Behinds83
    Averages  
    Disposals19.313.2
    Kicks12.48.7
    Handballs6.94.6
    Marks8.24.2
    Tackles4.63.4
    Clearances4.12.2
    Inside 50s4.21.8
    Rebound 50s1.40.8
    Frees For1.50.4
    Frees Against2.00.8
    Dream Team133.488.6

I wouldn't be surprised to see Robinson a late in for Kennedy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Deserved, was BOG in Darwin and been in ripping form most of the year. Reckon this is a concession to Sinclair's massive workload.

They'll probably swap at FF, McCartin and Buddy roaming CHFs.

Kennedy decision Saturday morning.

Kennedy didn't train today so I can't see him playing. He did light work with the injury crew. Congratulations to Darcy Cameron. His work this year has been exemplary. His tap work is wonderful and he is able to impact the game around the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The Grundy absence is a bit of a head scratcher. I wonder if he'll play NEAFL? (I suspect not.)
    Agree. After the North game Horse said it was the only game they thought Reg could be given a rest for. No mention of why he’s not playing, but his absence contradicts what Longmire said. Longmire said it had been planned not to play him v Norf even though a late out. Now I think he must have an injury they are keeping quiet. Bit like Papley, Jack, Franklin they’ve got form

I forgot that GC have Brayden Crossley in their side, so it is a bit surprising that we didn't play Reg with 2 ruck/forwards playing in their forward line. Can we interpret this as a change to a more attacking game plan, like what we showed in the 4th quarter on Sunday?

I also wonder if we will see Cameron play 1 on 1 on Wright or Crossley even though Cameron has not played in defence at all, IIRC? We decided to play Cameron instead of bringing Reg back. I suspect that without Rohan in the side we will go to the standard 3 key forwards with Cameron and Sinclair sharing the ruck work. It's a smart move from the perspective of risk management alone. I would hate to have to debut Cameron in a final because of an injury to Sinclair. He's had as good a season in the NEAFL as anyone without getting a call up, perhaps with the exception of Dawson last year (although Dawson did get one game early in the season).

Who would have thought that in the era of the one ruckman we be seeing a game with one side playing 2 and the other side playing 3?

I hope we play Rohan in defence in the NEAFL, not as a forward. There's nothing to be gained by playing him forward. We know what he can do, and not do there. He needs to be reprogrammed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast