Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 23

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar

Round 23

Looking to make plans for round 23 and I’m guessing the Swans will play either Friday night or Saturday twilight.

I seem to remember the Swans asking for a day game rnd 23 to help balance out the fixture this year but not sure if I imagined that?

Anyone have any info on when this is likely to be announced or thoughts on when we might play that round?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For guidance, last year's R23 was announced August 1st

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Just announced. Our game against Hawthorn will be Saturday 7:25pm

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Thanks Ugg

Our decline over the past few weeks would have taken us off the agenda for the Friday game I'd think
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Thanks Ugg

Our decline over the past few weeks would have taken us off the agenda for the Friday game I'd think
    yep

Happy and I know it
    Another damn night game. Don't they know we have daylight in Sydney?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Another damn night game. Don't they know we have daylight in Sydney?
    We struggled with the Dew in our last day game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Thanks Ugg

No they said last week we wouldn't be the Friday night game because we would only have a 6 day break and that we have had a lot of those this season. How nice of the AFL to be so considerate for a change .

What rubbish. 9 of 11 home games are night. As a 20+ year member I'm getting to old and tired for this. I will be waiting for draw before renewing. If this is repeated I'm going a three game pass. And my friends with young kids who had only taken them to two games are looking at joining the Giants!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanstubbs View Post
    What rubbish. 9 of 11 home games are night. As a 20+ year member I'm getting to old and tired for this. I will be waiting for draw before renewing. If this is repeated I'm going a three game pass. And my friends with young kids who had only taken them to two games are looking at joining the Giants!?!
    Disappointing for it to be another night game. We will only have got to 3 games this year, as we were away for both the twilight and night games. Just a more even balance would be nice -> I'd be happy with 5/6 night games and 5/6 twilight/day games. But 9 night games is too much imho.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

The Swans did request to the AFL for this to be a day game on behalf of their members.

Goes up to 11
    Maybe the club should ask the AFL for all night games next year - might give us a chance of getting more day games than we've been given this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast