Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 18 Swans v Suns, SCG, 21 July 2018 @SydneySwans #SwansSuns

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Have you read the posts on here after a single loss?! RWO would would go into meltdown if we missed 2 years finals! The fickle Sydney market don’t tolerate mediocrity - even with Buddy, membership would take a hit (the only winner would be GW$).

We traditionally strengthen our list through inspired drafting and shrewd trading.
    I agree. But we need to reboot to push for our next flag. We've been spoilt for many years as a Swans supporter, I want to see us be able to play with some skill and flair but with the current list we can't.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Didn't realise we won the flag last year! Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Oops. I’d say that I obviously meant 2016, but perhaps it wasn’t that obvious

The greatest upset in terms of odds in history according to the Hun

Veterans List
    Well....I've been at work all day then busy for the last hour or so, so I didn't see any game, didn't hear any commentary and have just been keeping up with the score via my AFL app. So I have no opinion on the game except to say that would have to be our most EMBARRASSING loss in nearly two decades. I only have questions.....

WTF happened?
    Did we get cocky after quarter time?
    Did the Suns play great footy?
    Were our skills @@@@?
    After showing true Bloods grit to win last week, how can we possibly back it up with a performance like that?
    Do we not want to make the top four?!
    Do we have a plan B?
    What is with our form at home, FFS?

..........and lastly......WTF happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    With the benefit of hindsight, maybe we should've let Jack and Hanners go and kept Mitchell (although people would've thought we were nuts to do it at the time).
    While I don’t disagree, it’s tiresome to hear it because it simply wasn’t an option.

Jack and Hanners were under contract. Mitchell wasn’t.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Every Suns loss has been one game closer to a win. I had to happen some time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I went on the AFL tipping page to put my tips in yesterday and the tipping percentages were Swans 100% Suns 0%......no one had tipped the Suns....not one person.

I don't think I have ever been as embarrassed as a Swans supporter as I am today........

I don't think membership would melt down if we missed two finals series, i think it would drop off but not fall off a cliff. The ones that leave would also be back as soon as success came back. Any premiers, except the Kangaroos, had large membership increases off a premiership.

Today's performance just really disappointing across the board, coaches and players. Only Parker can avoid the truth session that will no doubt follow.

This confirms were not ready to do any damage, keep playing the kids and planning ahead

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well....I've been at work all day then busy for the last hour or so, so I didn't see any game, didn't hear any commentary and have just been keeping up with the score via my AFL app. So I have no opinion on the game except to say that would have to be our most EMBARRASSING loss in nearly two decades. I only have questions.....

WTF happened?
    Did we get cocky after quarter time?
    Did the Suns play great footy?
    Were our skills @@@@?
    After showing true Bloods grit to win last week, how can we possibly back it up with a performance like that?
    Do we not want to make the top four?!
    Do we have a plan B?
    What is with our form at home, FFS?

..........and lastly......WTF happened?
    To save you the misery of going back through the usual post-loss posts

1) Horse should be fired again. Can’t coach.

2) Jones plays like an angry little man that can’t dispose of the ball

3) lost it at selection. again. Grundy should have played. Apparently the NEAFL dominant Darcy Cameron shouldn’t have

4) disposals were crap

5) umpires blah blah blah

Pop back after a win for a more clearheaded batch of posting here

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    WTF happened?
    We played like Millionaires in the first quarter, totally failed to respect our opponent, got behind and then it all got too hard.
    For once I don't really blame Horse, this one's on the players who were complacent and thought they would win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    While I don’t disagree, it’s tiresome to hear it because it simply wasn’t an option.

Jack and Hanners were under contract. Mitchell wasn’t.

- - - Updated - - -

Every Suns loss has been one game closer to a win. I had to happen some time
    It is tiresome to hear - I get sick of people always bringing up players who we shouldnt have let go. But after such an insipid performance where we got hammered at the contest, you cant blame me for dreaming about the what if.........

Disappointed like everyone here ,but not about to throw in the towel ,yes they had an absolute shocker but im confident we can bounce back and win the games we are not meant to ,no need to write off the season just yet

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Glad we are on holidays and didn't have to watch what sounds like an absolutely disastrous performance
    Think the players were on vacation with ya today, if not physically, mentally anyways.