Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Swans vs Bombers

Whoever plays, they shouldn't be so Buddy-centric... for some reason or other (I say he's carrying an injury of some sort), he doesn't want to kick goals. Where have the 60m punts gone?
    A lot of Saturday, Buddy was one-on-one (and still managed to get slapped). Normally, he's got four defenders playing on him.
    When there are four blokes on him, I'm assuming that there are four of our forwards with no dancing partners. Kick it to them.
    The mids should make themselves more available to help out in the goal department.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Jones has his 3-4 brain fades a game and really needs to concentrate on what he is trying to do. Hopefully he will and he stays.

Newman offers nothing - slow, cannot read the play and poor defensive work.

Cameron poor result - tried hard but not up to it.

Marsh tries hard and contests but poor skills and bad kick.

Out : Cameron, Newman, Marsh, Fox

In : Grundy, Dawson (cannot be any worse than 15 other players last Saturday) , Robinson, AJ

Warming the Bench
    I've been a big supporter of Newman as we definitely need his kicking prowess
    but it's gone missing and his faults are blaring obvious when he is turning it over by foot

Dawson is a must. We can't lose him
    Way too talented

Ins
    Grundy, Dawson, Jack
    Outs
    Cameron, Marsh Newman

Dawson on paper could be a reverse Josh Kennedy if we aren’t careful. Big bodied midfielder struggling to force his way into a “star studded midfield”

Surely we have to play him or lose him

BTW from Key Swans defender no guarantee to return - AFL.com.au

SYDNEY key defender Heath Grundy is no guarantee to return for Friday night's crucial clash with Essendon as coach John Longmire continues to weigh up the veteran's place in his best side.

IN: Dawson
    OUT: Cameron

The fact that they are questioning whether or not Reg plays is a serious concern.
    He's our best defender. Full stop.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The fact that they are questioning whether or not Reg plays is a serious concern.
    This is Horse saying this

Longmire said Grundy's recent form and a lack of suitable opponents in the Suns' side were factors in him coming back through the reserves, and those things will be looked at again this week.

"It's always a combination of both," he said on Monday.

"He had a couple of quiet ones before we rested him and we're working through a couple of those things, so it's a combination of that and match-ups (available)."

Dawson's return to seniors will probably fall somewhere between saviour and deckchair but is worth a try. Now is the time we should be setting course for finals, instead we just hit an iceberg.

Yes, time remains to turn things around though listen up Bloods, it's later than you think...

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Jones has to go
    Yes, somehow his decision making has become totally void of football nouse.

Newman; third quarter coming out from defence; swan player leading straight for him with a gold coast player behind him.

Kicks the ball thirty meter over their heads!!!

Trade at the end of the year.

Mccartin also need a rest; has had a great run but time to go back to the the seconds to work on the finer points of his game.

Also Parker; racks up the stats but so many going just forward without hitting anyone.

Why was Heeny playing in defence???

Move him into the centre and Parker out!

Bring in Dawson as well; the kid can play, just like COR!
    doof-doof

If the point of playing is to win premierships, then we have to look beyond who we think are our best players without considering the opposition. It's reasonable to assume that we would have to beat Richmond in the finals to win the premiership and we simply cannot play Reg against Richmond. He has no match up and we will be struggling to get enough pace to keep up with them as it is. So what is the point of playing a 32 yo who will lose his spot to Melican next year, assuming he fully recovers from his year of the hamstrings. I also think that Reg is our best defender, but I believe he is the kind of defender who is a liability against quicker teams, who are the better teams as well.

I would bring AJ in. He looks the best of the 3 tall defenders who played in the NEAFL. He looks very much the player he was when he was playing AFL. He's moving quite will. I'm not sure why we should wait. There are only 5 games left in the regular season and it's not like we're playing a winning hand atm.

I think Cameron is a good match up for Bellchambers and would play him 1 on 1 all over the ground. Cameron was playing too consistently well in the reserves to be dropped after a half game of senior footy. Give McCartin a rest.

Newman had 20 possessions and 6 tackles, which is not bad for a wingman half forward. But I agree that he's not looking that good out there this year. His kicking is off and his dependence on getting into just the right position to kick it the way he likes of the left is what slows him down. I still prefer him to Towers. Despite being slower, Newman impacts more contests. He does a lot of nice things defensively around the ground which go unnoticed by most. In any case, I would still drop Newman ahead of Fox.

We are at the point now where we are just rotating depth players through the team who are all playing at around the same level. Swapping one or two each week doesn't make that much difference.

Essendon present a lot like Richmond with very good tall defenders and look to run the ball and play on quickly. It's a good team to prepare for a finals run and should be a good indication of where we are at. Fantasia and Devon Smith are the dangerous ones up forward. Maybe Rampe should take Fantasia.

In: Dawson, Johnson, Foote
    Out: McCartin, Marsh, Newman
    Last edited by Ludwig; 23rd July 2018 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Jones has to go
    +1

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Dawson is more than ready..getting to the stage also of 'use him or lose him'.
    Would have been annoyed his outstanding form last year wasn't rewarded with selection.

Stunning on Saturday, must be promoted this week, he has footy smarts and skills other fringe players don't have. I don't care about experience, he's not 18 he's 21 and thoroughly ready. Look at the first two games of COR, he's playing very good mature footy, Dawson will be the same. Don't care who goes out for him, Fox maybe, anyone!

If we don't play him he's gone at end of year, would be on the radar of most other clubs.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Was.... not anymore
    sprite

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast