Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

I honestly thought the team we had out there was very exciting for the future

What a mobile backline

Will be interesting to watch the development of a stack of these players

Brisbane had 586 AFL games experience to Swans 29. It seemed like out stats hardly moved in the 2nd half.

Best players: R.Fox, H.Marsh, T.McCartin, B.Ronke

Match report says Bell possible knee injury and that Cameron was captain of the day, taking over from Robinson last week

http://neafl.com.au/brisbane-open-fl..._JaDdA.twitter

From the sounds of it Ronke is the player most likely to force his way into the seniors anytime soon though we are well stocked for smalls right now so he will probably need an injury.

Increasingly looking like all three draftees will do a season in the twos and get their chances next year

Regular in the Side
    "While Daniel Robinson failed to start the match" from the NEAFL report. I assume that Robbo was the travelling emergency and was down in Melbourne.

Interesting to see that Cameron was appointed captain ahead of the likes of Marsh, who is probably the most senior and experienced player in our NEAFL side. Has to be seen as a vote of confidence. And he was considered among the bests. What was the role Cameron played compared to Amartey? Who did most rucking? Their physiques and skills are quite different from one another. Given that he is a few years older, I would expect Cameron to be significantly closer to senior selection than Amartey. If not, why would we keep Cameron on our list?

I'm curious who else played. Did Foote recover from his injury in the previous game? Are Ling and Dawson playing? Dawson was listed as a "test" on the injury list during the week: AFL Injury Update, Official Injury List AFL - AFL.com.au. What about our other recent draftees: Bell, Styles and Stoddart? I haven't heard any mention of them and am interested to know how they're going. So many questions! I presume, since the game was streamed, the replay is available on YouTube. I will check it out when I can.

The replay is available here

however it's just a recording of the live stream, so it also includes the complete blank of most of the 2nd half.

There's also a 5 and a half minute highlight reel, which thankfully (or maybe not when you consider what happened to us) includes some highlights of the 2nd half

Thanks, ugg. Looking forward to you posting the stats table you typically post also. That, at least, should answer comprehensively the question of who played.

I won't be able to post that for a while. The players that played are

• Amartey
    • Bell
    • Brown
    • Cameron
    • Fox
    • Ling
    • Maibaum
    • Marsh
    • McCartin
    • O'Riordan