Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

It has been unfortunate that the reserves have had two byes already. I'll be very interested to see what role Aliir plays today - a 70/30 split back/ruck would be ideal.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Looks like Newman is also traveling emergency

Out: O'Riordan, Newman
    In: Sincock, Stanford

Aliir playing forward, and Amartey in the midfield.

Senior Player
    McCartin with two very strong early marks. The kicks were not so good but gee he looks promising!

Veteran Site Admin
    These two commentators really are very good compared to those who typically commentate the Sydney located games. I know a similar comment was made two weeks ago during the first half of the Lions game, but it really is a pleasure to listen to two people who've done their research on the players and who then just call the game as it unfolds.

McCartin very involved early with some strong marking, unfortunately undid some of his good work with poor kicking

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    These two commentators really are very good compared to those who typically commentate the Sydney located games. I know a similar comment was made two weeks ago during the first half of the Lions game, but it really is a pleasure to listen to two people who've done their research on the players and who then just call the game as it unfolds.
    Completely agree Liz - a breath of fresh air!

Gee McCartin is an impressive young kid - like what I am seeing!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Two travelling emergencies?? Must be some doubt on at least 1 player.

McCartin 4 marks already

Make that 5 marks - another strong mark! Missed the goal from 30 out though...

Veteran Site Admin
    McCartin looks like he's really not sure what he's doing lining up for set shots. That's a shame because everything else about his game in the first quarter was excellent (including his field kicking that, albeit on a small sample, looks fine).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yes, the other BarTV commentators, sounded like they were commentating from a bar tv, after arriving in the bar a couple of hours earlier.
    And by the way, if they didn't mention it on the coverage, there's a fairly brisk southerly blowing up here today, which advantaged the Suns in the first quarter. Possibly worth two or three goals.

As soon as I've finished watching the Blue Jays lose I'll tune in. Sigh.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Bit of a nothing 2nd qtr. Swans defenders seem to think it is mandatory to handball to a player in a WORSE position than themselves.

Cameron is a bit of a disappointment and Aliir not doing a lot either.