Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Apart from the bests, good to see Stoddart and Dawson do well and continue to build.

I would also like to see Cameron get some reward for effort but not sure how this will be accomplished because I doubt we'll want to upset our team structure against the upcoming tough opposition, especially given that rucks aren't a particular strength of the Tigers or Cats that we need to neutralise. Still, if we do have to call on Cameron in case of injury to Sinclair, there is every reason to be hopeful he'll do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Apart from the bests, good to see Stoddart and Dawson do well and continue to build.

I would also like to see Cameron get some reward for effort but not sure how this will be accomplished because I doubt we'll want to upset our team structure against the upcoming tough opposition, especially given that rucks aren't a particular strength of the Tigers or Cats that we need to neutralise. Still, if we do have to call on Cameron in case of injury to Sinclair, there is every reason to be hopeful he'll do ok.
    I think Cameron will get a chance or two later in the season, if we do well over the next month of footy - maybe the Suns game will be his opportunity.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Full replay is up! Something to watch on bye weekend

Darby Cameron consistently in the best week in, week out. Must be hard for the selectors to not give him a run.

How good was that goal by no. 50 in the 1st qtr? Who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Darby Cameron consistently in the best week in, week out. Must be hard for the selectors to not give him a run.

How good was that goal by no. 50 in the 1st qtr? Who is it?
    Sam Wicks

Thought he went out personally.

NEAFL MVP

Gold Coast v Sydney #NEAFL MVP votes

9: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)
    8: Dan Robinson (Sydney)
    7: Colin O�Riordan (Sydney)
    4: James Rose (Sydney)
    2: Peter Wright (Gold Coast)

Cameron 5-4
    Robinson 5-3
    O'Riordan 4-3
    Rose 2-2
    Wright 1-1

NEAFL MVP leaderboard

• M.Maguire (Canberra) 51
    • J.Clayton (Southport) 50
    • A.Boston (Southport) 46
    • M.Payne (Aspley) 45
    • D.Robinson (Sydney) 41
    • T.Bell (Brisbane) 40
    • A.Swallow (Aspley) 37
    • C.Bird (Sydney Uni) 35
    • N.Newman (Sydney) 35
    • A.Smout (Canberra) 34
    • D.Cameron (Sydney) 32
    • M.Barlow (Gold Coast) 31
    • T.Young (Sydney Uni) 31

If I was sydney I would put some bulk on him. He would be another Zak jones.

It's a shame that GC put up such a poor performance, particularly as the game wore on. It's difficult to assess our key defenders when they are hardly put under pressure. Nonetheless, I think Maibaum is going okay without standing out, while AJ often looks the AFL champion he once was, except that he doesn't see much of the footy.

Despite being out of the MVP votes this week, I think Robbie Fox looks most AFL ready of the ressies players. He has a solid all around game: good skills, pace and physicality. Doesn't make many mistakes and can play several positions.

We do have a good benchmark for the ressies in that we know what players like Towers, Newman and Robbo can do at senior level. On that basis, it's fair to say that COR looks ready for the big time. He's quite a proactive player, always trying to make things happen. He can have a fair few errors in his game, but I suspect that will work its way out in due course.

Cameron continues his strong form, although I can't say his GC opponents gave him much of a challenge.

James Rose also keeps producing solid performances. His kicking was a bit off this game, but his efforts remain strong. He has a well rounded game now. He's a tough physical player that's hard to contain. Excellent mark, even against taller opponents.