Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Very similar to 2 years ago with Sam Reid. Came back for a game of so after a long injury layoff, then got injured again and gone for the season.

I've lost interest in the AFL premiership season for 2018. Moved on to the draft and 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Very similar to 2 years ago with Sam Reid. Came back for a game of so after a long injury layoff, then got injured again and gone for the season.

I've lost interest in the AFL premiership season for 2018. Moved on to the draft and 2019.
    It's been an ugly year of football and the Tigers are clearly the best but this is a bit dramatic, still plenty of games and hope yet

Senior Player
    I really like Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I really like Bell.
    He has some good skills, but needs to increase his work rate, especially defensively, put on more forward pressure and stick a few more tackles. I wish we could merge him with Jake Brown, who is less skillful, but works hard, and get one complete player.

COR an Newman both putting in big games.

Amartey does a lot of nice things.

Our defence has played well so far. Maibaum winning most of his contests and AJ may be getting close to a seniors recall.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Said it before, sadly he is a lost cause. Long term contract doesn't help. Tippett, Reid and perhaps Melican represent a very depressing trio of what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Said it before, sadly he is a lost cause. Long term contract doesn't help. Tippett, Reid and perhaps Melican represent a very depressing trio of what could have been.
    Bit harsh on Melican. As far as I'm aware it's only really been this year he's been out with a long term injury.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Bit harsh on Melican. As far as I'm aware it's only really been this year he's been out with a long term injury.
    He hasn't had a good run so far Melican, but is still very young. Best to be extra careful and get his body right then to keep pushing him to come back too quickly.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I think he missed almost a year early on with groin issues. No one will be happier than me if he eventually gets a good run at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I think he missed almost a year early on with groin issues. No one will be happier than me if he eventually gets a good run at it.
    I posted Melican's injury history on another thread. He's missed most of 2015 with a groin injury, 2 stints in 2016 with hamstrings, finals last year with a quad injury and this year again with double hamstrings on both sides.

I stand corrected!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Full time
    Swans 10.15 (75)
    Giants 4.5 (29)

Goals: O'Riordan 2 Bell 2 Pink 2 Cameron Stewart Brown Rogers
    Giants: Banuelos 3 Keeffe