Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Hi Ugg, pretty well agree with everything you said there. I found myself thinking that Foote was showing improved skills worthy of a senior recall. Have never thought that about him before.
    We may well find out as early as next week whether Foote has indeed improved his skills to senior level :-(

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We may well find out as early as next week whether Foote has indeed improved his skills to senior level :-(
    We might, given the doubt over Kennedy, but I wasn't as impressed by Foote as some others, not in the context of a potential senior recall. He was a very good contributor to the win but made a few "unforced errors" - the kind that get punished far more at senior level than they do at NEAFL level. I also think, given his injury interruptions, he needs more of a solid block of games at reserves level before coming into consideration.

That said, if Kennedy isn't available, there's not an obvious alternative to come into the team. My fear is that they'll pick Jack, given his knee injury wasn't that bad and early in the week they thought he might be available against the Roos. I hope they don't, but rather rest him to give him a chance to overcome whatever else has been ailing him (probably the persistent hip problem). But other than completely changing the structure of the team and giving Cameron a well deserved debut, there aren't many options to cover Kennedy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We might, given the doubt over Kennedy, but I wasn't as impressed by Foote as some others, not in the context of a potential senior recall. He was a very good contributor to the win but made a few "unforced errors" - the kind that get punished far more at senior level than they do at NEAFL level. I also think, given his injury interruptions, he needs more of a solid block of games at reserves level before coming into consideration.

That said, if Kennedy isn't available, there's not an obvious alternative to come into the team. My fear is that they'll pick Jack, given his knee injury wasn't that bad and early in the week they thought he might be available against the Roos. I hope they don't, but rather rest him to give him a chance to overcome whatever else has been ailing him (probably the persistent hip problem). But other than completely changing the structure of the team and giving Cameron a well deserved debut, there aren't many options to cover Kennedy.
    Maybe Dawson gets a run.Rotate with him, Papley and Heeney through midfield and forward line. Agree re Jack - rest him and Hanneberry for a fair amount of time. We looked a lot sharper and quicker.

A replay of last weeks against NT Thunder will be shown on NITV tomorrow night (9.30pm I think)

NEAFL Round 16

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Sydney Swans (1st) v Gold Coast SUNS (8th) at the SCG, 10.30am
    *This match will be streamed live on NEAFL TV (youtube.com/northeastafl)
    *Live Champion Data statistics available on the Official NEAFL App

SYDNEY

B: 6. Jordan Foote 21. Jack Maibaum 2. Alex Johnson
    HB: 34. Jordan Dawson 16. Gary Rohan 56. Joey Reinhard
    C: 22. Dean Towers 45. Angus Styles 51. Connor Flanagan
    HF: 33. Ryley Stoddart 52. Josh Stern 27. Dan Robinson
    F: 55. Bailey Stewart 39. Heath Grundy 58. Mitchell Rogers
    Foll: 46. Joel Amartey 32. James Bell 41. Jake Brown
    Inter: 54. Lachlan Swaney 49. Cooper Kilpatrick 57. Jack Blair 59. Max Ries 48. Matt Kannen
    Emer: 53. Jackson Barling
    In: 39. Heath Grundy 16. Gary Rohan 27. Daniel Robinson 33. Ryley Stoddart 45. Angus Styles 54. Lachlan Swaney 57. Jack Blair 48. Matt Kannen
    Out: 17. Darcy Cameron (AFL) 47. Toby Pink (injured) 57 Michael Carroll (omitted) 19. Harrison Parker (omitted) 54. Dylan Smith (injured) 48. Sam Thorne (omitted) 59. Kyle Veerhuis (omitted)

New: 39. Heath Grundy 57. Jack Blair

GOLD COAST

B: 3. Matt Rosa 43. Max Spencer 2. Jack Scrimshaw
    HB: 8. Brayden Fiorini 21. Jack Leslie 1. Pearce Hanley
    C: 49. Brodie Foster 18. Bradley Scheer 51. Bailey Scott
    HF: 9. Ben Ainsworth 58. Caleb Graham 53. Connor Budarick
    F: 45. Jacob Dawson 59. Harry Simington 50. Emmanuel Baru
    Foll: 48. Lachlan McDonald 20. Michael Barlow 36. Josh Schoenfeld
    Inter: 29. Jack Bowes 47. Timakoi Bowie 56. Hewago Paul Oea 55. Dirk Koenen 57. Kwaby Boakye
    Emer: 60. Jackson Brumley 54. Tui Lowah 46. Fitzroy Greenwool 52. Ryan Gilmore
    In: 51. Bailey Scott 9. Ben Ainsworth 3. Matt Rosa 29. Jack Bowes 36. Josh Schoenfeld
    Out: 10. Kade Kolodjashnij (AFL) 7. Jesse Lonergan (AFL) 42. Connor Nutting (injured) 54. Tui Lowah (omitted) 60. Jackson Brumley (omitted)

Veteran Site Admin
    Pink injured again!

And no Rose? After seeing him as the runner last week I thought he might be ready to return to playing this week.

Barling will be playing, so that means one of the 4 emergencies will be 'rested'. Surely can't be Rohan, he needs a run, probably not Reg either so either Robinson or Towers.

You could make a strong argument that the Suns NEAFL side could beat their seniors at the moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    You could make a strong argument that the Suns NEAFL side could beat their seniors at the moment.
    Yeah, not withstanding the Swans’ excellent NEAFL form, the Suns really should win this. Most of the Swans’ prime movers- Cameron, Fox, Newman, COR, AA- will be playing in the senior team.

Will Grundy really play ressies?