Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Of those kids the only one I really recognized was Wicks and I thought he didn�t look out of place.

Sweet home Novacastria
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    One name missing from the list that I'd have expected to see there is Jack Hardman, given he was one of the few academy prospects mentioned as a draft potential last year. Does anyone know what he's up to? Given his age (31/12 birthday) it's possible he's remained in the main academy programme, rather than graduating to the U19 squad? Or maybe he's moved interstate to further his ambitions?
    Hardman has moved back to Newcastle Hardman's Return to Boost Bulldogs - Black Diamond AFL - SportsTG

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Heads up

The Swans NEAFL team will play the Giants NEAFL (again!) on Saturday at Tom Wills Oval in a NEAFL practice game.

Saturday, March 31
    Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns at South Pine Sports Complex, 1.30pm
    GIANTS v Sydney Swans at Tom Wills Oval, 12pm

Veterans List
    I think an undermanned Giants had a run at the weekend against Uni.

Anyone going to check out this weeks practice match?

According to the Age quoting Horse, Hannebury had a run with the NEAFL squad in a match on Friday. No advice or report by Swans at all, appears like the remaining players don't exist. Anyone got more info on Friday's game?

Yes, I went to the game. There were about 10 listed players, mainly rookies or new draftees. Hannerbury did play the game in the midfield. I would say he was going at about 70%.
    The main focus of the game was to give the listed players a run so they were in the primo positions.
    The game was pretty messy as it was a complete mix up of the academy and neafl teams.
    The only thing to report is that Blakey was best on ground. His ability to get in the right spots was uncanny. He was utterly at home and dominated across the ground. He was the only non listed player who got a run in the midfield where again he just found the ball all the time.
    Who ever gets him will be getting a player ready for senior footy.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I didn't realise that there was a name change at the club to the Sydney Whoevers.

Veterans List
    ......... The only thing to report is that Blakey was best on ground. His ability to get in the right spots was uncanny. He was utterly at home and dominated across the ground. He was the only non listed player who got a run in the midfield where again he just found the ball all the time.
    Stop it, I'm salivating, not only at the thought of Nick nominating us (hopefully) but the brilliant beetroot colour of Eddie's face as he blusters on every avenue of media available to him that F/S must take precedence over the sinister Northern academies! Ed will of course be doing this on behalf of one of the Melbourne "small" clubs, like he has so magnanimously done so often in the past!

Let's hope that the Pies continue to be crap because we will probably need the points attached to their second rounder to pay for Blakey. Pies will probably bid on him!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Stop it, I'm salivating, not only at the thought of Nick nominating us (hopefully) but the brilliant beetroot colour of Eddie's face as he blusters on every avenue of media available to him that F/S must take precedence over the sinister Northern academies! Ed will of course be doing this on behalf of one of the Melbourne "small" clubs, like he has so magnanimously done so often in the past!

Let's hope that the Pies continue to be crap because we will probably need the points attached to their second rounder to pay for Blakey. Pies will probably bid on him!
    Eddie will be too busy looking for another coach after sacking Buckley

Yes, I went to the game. There were about 10 listed players, mainly rookies or new draftees. Hannerbury did play the game in the midfield. I would say he was going at about 70%.
    The main focus of the game was to give the listed players a run so they were in the primo positions.
    The game was pretty messy as it was a complete mix up of the academy and neafl teams.
    The only thing to report is that Blakey was best on ground. His ability to get in the right spots was uncanny. He was utterly at home and dominated across the ground. He was the only non listed player who got a run in the midfield where again he just found the ball all the time.
    Thanks barracuda. Great report! Where and when was the game played and how did you hear about it and who was the opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks barracuda. Great report! Where and when was the game played and how did you hear about it and who was the opposition?
    I think it was swans reserves vs swans academy 5pm last friday at tramway oval. I think i saw it mentioned on the forums. I did not end up going.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Eddie will be too busy looking for another coach after sacking Buckley
    Or coming under huge pressure to resign despite being a protected species in the Melbourne media.

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast