Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Yes, thanks for info and scores ugg and rb4x !

Lovely result with a good spread of goalkickers!

I wasn't at the game so I have nothing to add other than this screen shot of the stats. You will notice that Rohan and Stoddart don't appear as they only had 8 and 6 disposals respectively. Again, not sure if there are reasons behind this.

NEAFL.jpg

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Stoddart only played half

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
    Giants 3.3-21 4.4-28 5.5-35 7.10-52
    Sydney 2.5-17 6.11-47 11.15-81 15.18-108
    Giants
    Goal Kickers: D. Buckley 4, Z. Sproule, M. Beaumont, E. Powell
    Sydney
    Goal Kickers: J. Bell 2, C. Kilpatrick 2, G. Rohan, J. Reinhard, J. Stern, D. Towers, M. Rogers, S. Thorne, S. Wicks, R. Stoddart, C. O''Riordan, B. Stewart, D. Cameron
    Best Players: D. Towers, J. Brown, D. Cameron, M. Rogers, J. Bell, H. Grundy

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Stoddart only played half

Q1Q2Q3Q4
    Giants3.3-214.4-285.5-357.10-52
    Sydney2.5-176.11-4711.15-8115.18-108
    Giants
    Goal Kickers: D. Buckley 4, Z. Sproule, M. Beaumont, E. Powell
    Sydney
    Goal Kickers: J. Bell 2, C. Kilpatrick 2, G. Rohan, J. Reinhard, J. Stern, D. Towers, M. Rogers, S. Thorne, S. Wicks, R. Stoddart, C. O''Riordan, B. Stewart, D. Cameron
    Best Players: D. Towers, J. Brown, D. Cameron, M. Rogers, J. Bell, H. Grundy
    So what was Rohan's excuse then?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Missed the first quarter because of the trains debacle, doesn't look like I missed much from a Swans perspective as it was the one quarter that the Giants won.

For the last 3 quarters it was a pretty comfortable contest as the Swans dominated possession and territory for most of that period.

Cameron had the better of the young Giants ruckman Briggs and the fill-in Sproule but it was a total one side contest as it was last week against the Canberra ruckman. The young kid has a lot of talent and the Giants should look at listing him.

For me Towers was best on ground in a mostly midfield role. His battled hard all game to win many contested possessions, not usually a notable part of his game.

Grundy looked comfortable in defence and combined well with O'Riordan to quell most of the Giants's attacks. COR had some time in the midfield in the last quarter.

I liked Bell yet again, he doesn't get too many disposals but is very effective with the ones he does get. 2 goals and a few assists.

Brown ran around in the midfield for most of the game and was solid with his ball use.

Rose was a little wasteful and again selfish at times, pinging away at goals in tough situations.

Stoddart a half-forward role, played just the first half, not too many disposals but very effective with the ones he did have.

Rohan played forward for most of the day, just didn't seem to run to the right spots to get involved, also a few fumbles when a clean gather was needed in a tight situation. The one time he did start in the centre square he collected the ball a few plays later and kicked a running goal. Then they immediately took him out of the middle again which made no sense to me. The game was long over and they needed to get him some touches to regain form.

Stern and Stewart the pick of the Academy players playing as half-forwards. Rogers presented well on the lead and competed well in general as a leading forward. Reinhard kicked a nice goal, just getting his boot to the ball while being tackle in the goalsquare and the just about dribbled over the line.

Final game is against the Suns on Friday 2pm at Blacktown.

No typos there, whoever is responsible for that decision must have a great sense of humour. Hopefully this one is live streamed!

For the Pink fans out there, he was spotted in the stands sitting with Reid Johnson Smith Amartey and Nick Blakey.

No sign of Melican, Naismith, Ling, Maibaum, Foote or Marsh though.

Neafl report says Stoddart suffered a serious hamstring injury.

Sydney flexes muscles to end GIANTS season

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Final game is against the Suns on Friday 2pm at Blacktown.

No typos there, whoever is responsible for that decision must have a great sense of humour. Hopefully this one is live streamed!
    Good way to fill in Friday arvo at work I guess, but seriously what the? Seems strange for the game to be scheduled then to say the least.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Bell looks great in that highlights package.

Reg not so much, unfortunately.
    C'mon Chels!