Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Is Longmire cooked?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm pretty sure we finished this season with the lowest percentage we have had in the last decade (of course I haven't checked his, but this is what it feels like - you know, the vibe!).
    Did someone say "chart" ? No? Let's have one anyway

Certainly the lowest in some time (since 2011). But remember what happened the year after that!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Did someone say "chart" ? No? Let's have one anyway

Certainly the lowest in some time (since 2011). But remember what happened the year after that!

There's a pretty key difference between 2018 and 2011, the graph is now heading in the opposite direction

Thanks for the stats kids, I knew I could count on you.

The percentage this year was appalling.
    It was the difference between one shot and two.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I think it might be time for a change.
    Longmire to Saints.
    Swans to go after Caracella and keep Kirk and Stevie J on in support.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    There's a pretty key difference between 2018 and 2011, the graph is now heading in the opposite direction
    Can't help feeling this was a rebuild year despite making the finals. Grundy, McVeigh, Jack and possibly Nick Smith all having their final year next year, I believe they thought it was time. Forward line of Hayward, Ronke, McCartin, Florent, Papley all young kids and often at that tender years they are inconsistent. That's why we had some poor efforts towards the end of the year. Long year theory!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The simplistic explanation (re last two yrs in the finals) from Gerard Whateley is : the Swans had nothing left to give, they were gassed.

They had 14 days rest. It’s a final.
    Maybe they all had a virus .

I really can't see why the swans would sign McVeigh again. Sure he's been ok this year, but he'll be worse next year and his cap space could be used to front load a few contracts.
    Are we really in the premiership window next year?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I really can't see why the swans would sign McVeigh again. Sure he's been ok this year, but he'll be worse next year and his cap space could be used to front load a few contracts.
    Are we really in the premiership window next year?
    I've got a theory on the re-signing of Reg and Macca.
    • Firstly, they played well and deserve another year, unless....
    • ..... we want to unload a fair few list cloggers and are saving up delistings for next season.
    • The trades and drafting we plan to do will leave us with a very late 3rd draft pick, so if we delist too many then we have to fill them with drafted players getting 2 year contracts or upgrading rookies who don't deserve or need to be upgraded.
    • Macca is a better depth player than other options, like Fox or Robinson.
    • They are probably on reduced contracts, so not much impingement on cap space.

I actually think we're in a pretty good spot right now.
    We have a bunch of players ready to really step up and make their names.
    Ronke, Florent, Hayward, etc, with otehrs like Heeney already having taken that step and Mills on the verge.
    Keeping the oldies around will only allow them to further develop, imparting footy smarts on and off the field.
    By the end of next year we'll have a new bunch of players who will then be looking to Parker, Rampe and even Heeney to further their development.

Just seems to flow well.
    Only issue will be if nothing changes with our game plan and the same *stuff* happens all over again.
    Then we will all be retrospectively calling for the heads of the oldies.

As Ludwig said, it's also a fair indication that there will be some fair changes coming to our list, as signing them so fast indicates that we need to keep some consistency with the list and if they were to say retire, that there may be a reprieve of sorts for a couple of other players. (Towers, Rose, etc, we all know the ones who are under the pump)
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Ludwig and CTS, please stop making sense.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I actually think we're in a pretty good spot right now.
    We have a bunch of players ready to really step up and make their names.
    Ronke, Florent, Hayward, etc, with otehrs like Heeney already having taken that step and Mills on the verge.
    Keeping the oldies around will only allow them to further develop, imparting footy smarts on and off the field.
    By the end of next year we'll have a new bunch of players who will then be looking to Parker, Rampe and even Heeney to further their development.

Just seems to flow well.
    Only issue will be if nothing changes with our game plan and the same *stuff* happens all over again.
    Then we will all be retrospectively calling for the heads of the oldies.

As Ludwig said, it's also a fair indication that there will be some fair changes coming to our list, as signing them so fast indicates that we need to keep some consistency with the list and if they were to say retire, that there may be a reprieve of sorts for a couple of other players. (Towers, Rose, etc, we all know the ones who are under the pump)
    Hear, hear! Especially the bit about our game plan.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Hear, hear! Especially the bit about our game plan.
    +1 Rhyce Shaw's departure will not help with this...... Something needs to change. Hopefully Horse is open to it......surely he realises our game plan does not stack up anymore.