Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Is Longmire cooked?

It’s no good saying his time is up if you don’t name someone who could do a superior job.... these people that do it successfully are extremely rare.
    The diversity of management and people issues they have to handle is massive before they even think about strategies and game plans.

Senior Player
    Regardless of what the club do with Longmire, I'd hope they have their finger on the pulse of who are the next lot of coaches waiting in line and their respective potential and abilities

If they don't then they are negligent

If there is unrest or even “ferment” among the players, including Luke Parker, then something’s wrong and must be dealt with ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    If there is unrest or even “ferment” among the players, including Luke Parker, then something’s wrong and must be dealt with ASAP.
    What?

What evidence is there that the players are stirring up trouble at the club?

Troll alert!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chammond View Post
    What?

What evidence is there that the players are stirring up trouble at the club?

Troll alert!
    He's referring to the news reports suggesting that Parker is unhappy and wants out as well

Whether there is any truth to player unrest or not is impossible to know without inside info

Not a troll

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    He's referring to the news reports suggesting that Parker is unhappy and wants out as well

Whether there is any truth to player unrest or not is impossible to know without inside info

Not a troll
    Thanks caj23. Some on RWO, claim - on the basis of inside info - that there is unrest at the Swans. As do several in the media. But it could well be BS

Well I’m a bit unhappy as well ... we keep blowing quite a lot of finals and losing at the SCG.

Veterans List
    I agree. The club needs to listen to the player's issues and try and rectify them. The swans don't seem like a club that would let things fester.

But if there is an issue amongst the players then why are our younger players signing extensions?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I agree. The club needs to listen to the player's issues and try and rectify them. The swans don't seem like a club that would let things fester.

But if there is an issue amongst the players then why are our younger players signing extensions?
    I suspect part of the issue some players might have is other clubs waving large wads of cash in front of their eyes, even already contracted players. The rapid rise in the salary cap over the last couple of seasons has left some clubs with an awful lot of space to fill. The Swans anticipated it and spent most of it before it arrived (on Buddy, but also on signing up our then-gun midfielders on long and fairly lucrative contracts).

I wondered if the loss of so many coaches last year - Dew, Francou, Playfair, Taubert, means the senior players don't feel as well coached as they did. And after the underwhelming year we just had, are feeling less than confident in the current coaching panel. Compounded by the loss of Shaw.

Also, why did so many coaches leave the Swans at once last year? Coincidence? A deliberate freshening up? Frustration on the coaches part? Or none of the above. Jake Niall alluded to the fact that Dew was so at odds with Longmire his position at the Swans had become untenable (which would be a big change from the man who didn't even apply for a whole range of coaching jobs previously). All the new coaches, with the exception of maybe Kirk, are junior ones, which implies the Swans weren't looking to introduce new IP to their gameplan. And the one coach who was mostly likely to want to challenge Horse and change things up, Shaw, has left.

I would really LOVE to see the Swans carry out an independent review to get to the bottom of all of this.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 18th September 2018 at 09:09 PM.

I'll be the first to cheer when Horse leaves but Hanners going for more money and longer contract, Rohan going home for family reasons and Newman wanting out through lack of opportunities does not automatically mean there is unrest in the playing group. I don't believe a word of the Parker bulldust until I hear it from his mouth so lets try not to give this oxygen until such time as we have some hard facts. At the moment it is pure media speculation.

I wondered if the loss of so many coaches last year - Dew, Francou, Playfair, Taubert, means the senior players don't feel as well coached as they did. And after the underwhelming year we just had, are feeling less than confident in the current coaching panel. Compounded by the loss of Shaw.

Also, why did so many coaches leave the Swans at once last year? Coincidence? A deliberate freshening up? Frustration on the coaches part? Or none of the above. Jake Niall alluded to the fact that Dew was so at odds with Longmire his position at the Swans had become untenable (which would be a big change from the man who didn't even apply for a whole range of coaching jobs previously). All the new coaches, with the exception of maybe Kirk, are junior ones, which implies the Swans weren't looking to introduce new IP to their gameplan. And the one coach who was mostly likely to want to challenge Horse and change things up, Shaw, has left.

I would really LOVE to see the Swans carry out an independent review to get to the bottom of all of this.
    To the bottom of what?
    Maybe we all just need to chill & let end of year list management period end & then who is still left standing in red & white are the ones we go forward with. Coaches & players the like.

We have no idea which players are being brought to our club & which are out. Naturally a player or two are going to be peeved at having one of their mates sent packing. That happens at every club but as professional footballers these guys need to get over any issues they may have, if there are any at all.