Thread: Late #Round 19 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

Late #Round 19 Weekly Discussion Thread

Late start to this weeks general footy chat thread but anyway, I see the Suns are getting flogged by Carlton at home at the moment......how bad were we last week?!

Dees doing well against Crows too. Would be a good win for them in hostile territory.

On the live ladder, we are down to eighth now. If Hawthorn win tomorrow, we will be ninth and the way we are traveling currently, that would be about right. We've never really hit our straps any time this season and with a growing injury list, it's fading away.....

Veterans List
    just back from Metricon, Suns skills were appalling, I haven't watched last weeks game but there is no way in years could the Suns beat us with those skills. How bad are we to be outscored by 9 goals after quarter time by that rubbish ?

Seasom is done, start an early plan for 2019.

Didn’t even notice Suns we’re playing.
    They kicked 5 goals for the match, must have had a week long celebration after knocking off Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    just back from Metricon, Suns skills were appalling, I haven't watched last weeks game but there is no way in years could the Suns beat us with those skills. How bad are we to be outscored by 9 goals after quarter time by that rubbish ?

Seasom is done, start an early plan for 2019.
    I went last week to the game and first time in 20 years I left early as our skills were deplorable.

During the week I watched the game again and tried to understand what happened after Qtr time as I thought we started ok. The next 3 quarters were the worse football I had seen since the 90's when we were losing every week.

I couldn't believe we could be so bad but we were actually worse and not scoring for two quarters against the Suns sums up the game.

Deplorable, no determination to win the hard ball, no enthusiasm, no teamwork. Just like they all agreed at quarter time to stop trying. Hard to say that but that is what it looked like.

Senior Player
    Dees win means 2 of the 3 results required to put us out of the 8. Need to cheer Freo tomorrow...

Veterans List
    I have just been checking out the free kick counts from this weeks round so far......(started earlier, finished now)

Rich v Coll.....16-19
    Geel v Bris.....22-20
    GWS v St.K.....19-18
    G.C v Carl.(3/4 time) 16-18.....Full time 16-22
    Adel v Melb.(3/4 time) 15-12.....Full time 22-15

Ess v Swans.....28-14

We have today's five matches producing a free kick differential range of 1 to 7 and an average f/k differential over those five matches of 3.8 Our game.....differential of 14. For very free kick we received, Essendon received two. We are playing pretty crap footy at the moment but we certainly don't need this sort of lopsided impediment! It's been going on for too long now.....it's like the (living) ghost of Mike Fitzpatrick's vengence hovers over the umpiring department.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I have just been checking out the free kick counts from this weeks round so far......(started earlier, finished now)

Rich v Coll.....16-19
    Geel v Bris.....22-20
    GWS v St.K.....19-18
    G.C v Carl.(3/4 time) 16-18.....Full time 16-22
    Adel v Melb.(3/4 time) 15-12.....Full time 22-15

Ess v Swans.....28-14

We have today's five matches producing a free kick differential range of 1 to 7 and an average f/k differential over those five matches of 3.8 Our game.....differential of 14. For very free kick we received, Essendon received two. We are playing pretty crap footy at the moment but we certainly don't need this sort of lopsided impediment! It's been going on for too long now.....it's like the (living) ghost of Mike Fitzpatrick's vengence hovers over the umpiring department.

You make some good points but I saw Stevic pay the worst free kick ever against McGovern of Adelaide which resulted in a goal to Hogan. Paid it from centre of ground over ruling umpire in area. Shocking error in a close game as it turned out.

Regular in the Side
    Agree how bad are we, Suns beaten by Blues.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    You make some good points but I saw Stevic pay the worst free kick ever against McGovern of Adelaide which resulted in a goal to Hogan. Paid it from centre of ground over ruling umpire in area. Shocking error in a close game as it turned out.
    How bad was Brayshaw last night twice calling Stevic 'one of the best in the business'! I nearly threw up......twice!

I understand your point and I realise all teams get bad decisions, it's just that we get more than most.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I don't often watch Channnel 9's Sunday Footy Show but was flicking channels this morning and lingered on the program long enough to hear host Tony Jones talking about Adelaide, boldly stating that "it's not often you see Grand Finalists miss finals the next year." It was quickly pointed out to him that it happened last year when the Bulldogs missed the finals after being premiers the year before.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So barring some miraculous second half fightback by the Dockers, we will be out of the Eight at the conclusion of this round.

Tigers at $2.50 to win the flag , $5.50 clear of any other team. Haven’t seen that for awhile .
    Swans out to $34 .
    Don’t think I’ll take either .