Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 20 Swans v Pies

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Sydney $1.87....Pies $1.95..... Inconceivable
    What a joke. Collingwood will absolutely smash us. Undermanned and out of form. Bring on season 2019.

Senior Player
    Towers is 28 - he has no value going forward. McCartin's development is much more important than getting a list clogger a game.
    C'mon Chels!

Riding by bike past the SCG , Horse was giving his presser , must have been twenty odd microphones around him .

Couldn’t stop (had clients - run bike tours) but looked under the pump.

Macca has been a big out, can’t believe he could get up but if he does it will give the team a decent lift .

Might the boys play with different mindsets if Lance is rested for awhile ?

His presser is on the Swans website - video, article and quotes. I thought he seemed unreasonably relaxed and calm.

Horse said no injured players out of Friday's game - so Grundy and Buddy should play... Jack and McVeigh may come back.

In terms of performance he said in effect we need to play better and do more when we don't have the ball! He did say we missed 41 tackles v Bombers.

Veterans List
    IN: Tackling!!!!

I'm glad Longmire mentioned tackling and pressure in his press conference. He said we had 41 missed tackles last week 😱.

Why all the talk about McVeigh?
    Is there some talk of hom actually returning 3 or 4 weeks earlier than originally>
    Or are people clutching at straws?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Straws. He's become a mythical being.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    What a joke. Collingwood will absolutely smash us. Undermanned and out of form. Bring on season 2019.
    I thought WTF? When I seen those odds! Is there something we don't know about? Nearly all Swamns supporters believe we will get a spanking! Towers is a must inclusion this week. Leg speed is really a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    IN: Tackling!!!!

I'm glad Longmire mentioned tackling and pressure in his press conference. He said we had 41 missed tackles last week ������.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I thought WTF? When I seen those odds! Is there something we don't know about? Nearly all Swamns supporters believe we will get a spanking! Towers is a must inclusion this week. Leg speed is really a problem.
    We need Towers to keep up the missed tackle count.

The gaols should be full this weekend with all those Collingwood fans putting up their bail money on the game. What could go wrong at those odds?

We need Macca to make another one of his famous 'The SCG is Our Fortress' speeches. That should turn things around.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 30th July 2018 at 09:31 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    The missed tackles were one thing. I was more alarmed by the number of times Swans players stood looking at the ball on the ground while an Essendon player swooped on it and ran straight past. They were a bit like deer in headlights at times. Some of the issues facing the team are physical but I think just as many are psychological at the moment. Not quite sure why they've forgotten how to perform the basics in a few short weeks.

This match is celebrating our 1918 premiership and because of this the players will be wearing the premiership centenary guernseys. I want to get my hands on Kennedys match jumper. Does anyone know what the club usually does with them? I've emailed the club a few times but they haven't even acknowledged receipt of my email.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 30th July 2018 at 11:38 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    This match is celebrating our 1918 premiership and because of this the players will be wearing the premiership centenary guernseys. I want to get my hands on Kennedys match jumper. Does anyone know what the club usually does with them? I've emailed the club a few times but they haven't even acknowledged receipt of my email.
    There's every chance they'll auction them off. They did with the recent Indigenous Round guernseys. (I went and had a look at the start of the auction period and meant to look back towards the end to see how prices were going but then completely forgot.)

Years back they used to alert people to special guernseys (or other one-off items) being auctioned and give instructions of where to find them but, like so many other aspects of media and communications (like answering or even acknowledging emails), it's something the club has been dreadful at for a few years now (membership department aside).

I don't know if they do intend to auction these 1918 guernseys, but wait until a few days after the match and then hover over "Shop" in the menu bar at the top of the Swans' website. You'll see an "auction" option appear. Click on that and it will take you to a list of items currently on auction. I think the auction periods normally run for two or three weeks, so there's no need to get in especially quick.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast