Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 20 Swans v Pies

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Far too many journos in Melbourne writing on.AFL. The so called 'cerebral ' ones like Connolly don't offer that much. It's not that complicated a game.
    I find there's real insight on The Age podcast regarding the (particularly big) Melbourne teams, but not the Swans.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    he does look overlook the fact that West Coast lost all three games without their main forwards, and the game against North without Kennedy. .
    they beat the giants without Lecras, Kennedy and Darling

Andrew Wu reckons AJ is a chance this week:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...31-p4zuql.html

“While the injury-hit Swans expect to regain Kieran Jack, possibly Jarrad McVeigh and with Dan Hannebery not yet ruled out for Saturday’s clash with Collingwood as he recovers from a calf, there is also an outside chance that they will select Alex Johnson, who has endured an extraordinary five knee reconstructions, for his long-awaited comeback game.”

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I agree that his citing of West Coast is a strange counter-example to the Swans.

The Pies are the best example of a club that has coped remarkably well with some real quality out of its side, though I think their ladder position is somewhat inflated by playing a lot of the bottom teams twice.
    Add the fact they don't play outside of Melbourne, and of course they're going to be sitting up the ladder.
    Very well looked after by the AFL
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

The Swans do not have an easy run home with matches against clubs all in the eight. Although they play two at home, the SCG has not been a happy hunting ground this year with five losses from nine games. They have not lost six in a season there since 2000 when they finished 10th. "They wrote us off last year, it doesn't matter," Rampe said of the Swans' effort to play finals after dropping the first six games of the season. "We don't listen to anyone outside the club and I genuinely mean that. It's being up in Sydney, no one cares, for one, in Sydney and we can go about our business. Hard work will get us out of this."
    Now, now Ramps.
    I care.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/sen...31-p4zup4.html
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    So do I. Careful with that siege mentality, Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Ramps will rev up the umps.
    A free kick to win the game .

Senior Player
    Pretty sure his directing that comment towards the media who have come for the boys in recent weeks. I've not read too many blood in the water articles from up North. Compared to Dermie, Robbo, Terry Wallace etc down here. No one at press conferences asking the difficult questions. They are always preety soft on John and the players. Esp with regards to John when he bristles they back off.

Assuming Jones is the only unavailable player, one change:
    In: Towers Out: Jones
    DT played well in his last Neafl outing, can push into midfield and prior to poke in eye was playing well. He's more ready to play then any of our busted fallen heroes!
    If Buddy is not right, I would consider bringing Cameron in and have him play a Mason Cox role in rotation with Sinclair.
    Of concern is players smashing it at Neafl not being even able to remotely replicate this form in firsts. Wonder whether Horse has them playing more limited roles at AFL level and not having enough faith in them. Maybe he needs to get them playing similar roles in the top team (e.g. Dawson as an inside midfield, Newman and COR a bit more run and carry etc). It will then become abundantly clear whether they have it or they don't.

Swans could spring a surprise for Pies clash - AFL.com.au

If Longmire does this it will just confirm his negligence. Hannaberry has not trained since he broke down. Macca has been on light work. Jack is the only one doing full training. But let's face it he has been less than scintillating in his efforts this year. He needs to come back via the reserves.

I'm sick and tired of our coaches playing injured or unfit players. Play the kids and bring back Towers, Robbo etc not unfit players even if they are good players.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Swans could spring a surprise for Pies clash - AFL.com.au

If Longmire does this it will just confirm his negligence. Hannaberry has not trained since he broke down. Macca has been on light work. Jack is the only one doing full training. But let's face it he has been less than scintillating in his efforts this year. He needs to come back via the reserves.

I'm sick and tired of our coaches playing injured or unfit players. Play the kids and bring back Towers, Robbo etc not unfit players even if they are good players.
    After what's happened this year, I understand where he's coming from.

Everyone (including me) called for Hanners, Jack, Rohan etc to be dropped. Then they all got went out of the team and we've lost 2 out of 3 games since. Our team v Essendon seemed to be full of inexperienced kids who aren't physically ready to play extended time at AFL level and don't yet know how to put together a 4 quarter performance or play the Swans "brand".

It's definitely a gamble. Longmire is between a rock and a hard place. Horse knows that the older players have delivered in the past, and must believe less than 100% they may offer more than some of the kids fully fit.

But its not exactly a vote of confidence in Robinson, Towers, Foote and those currently playing well in the NEAFL.

Senior Player
    I'd like to see Towers in as a forward/ruck option

He's not key position but he's tall and can be another leading option to take the pressure of McCartin. Not sure why he hasn't been bought in earlier as he was playing well as the 2nd ruck option

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast