Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 16 - 4 August

The Game was Masters. Over 35's - I'm 56 and I had someone on me that was 35 - Well that is what masters is about. But Masters is about having fun and getting to work on a Monday.
    It was a Grande Final and I enjoyed my effort and did my best. Lets see how many of St George players do go on the Masters National Carnival and play in their own age groups.

Masters has and always had modified rules in the past. But this was a game they had to win.

I remember playing for fun years back and we had a different age group on game days. So we played each quarter with the same age group in the midfield and matched up around the ground the same way.
    Then you had someone playing on you around your own age.

It's been a big year for St George 2018 - They WON the MASTERS

Almost Football Legend
    I'll have this week's report up later today. Was in Melbourne yesterday and my flight home was delayed, and by the time I got home I was too buggered to write the whole thing and collate the divisional results.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    The Game was Masters. Over 35's - I'm 56 and I had someone on me that was 35 - Well that is what masters is about. But Masters is about having fun and getting to work on a Monday.
    It was a Grande Final and I enjoyed my effort and did my best. Lets see how many of St George players do go on the Masters National Carnival and play in their own age groups.

Masters has and always had modified rules in the past. But this was a game they had to win.

I remember playing for fun years back and we had a different age group on game days. So we played each quarter with the same age group in the midfield and matched up around the ground the same way.
    Then you had someone playing on you around your own age.

It's been a big year for St George 2018 - They WON the MASTERS
    Speaking of getting to work on Monday, anyone else see Rodger Corser wearing his premiers medal on the today show this morning?

It is a real shame that the game was not played at our home ground yesterday at Kambridge Oval in front of a crowd of about 2,000.
    Yesterday at Olds you could put that crowd under 1 tree.
    Now that is a Grand Final experience.

I liked the guy from Sydney AFL post game saying how it was the second best oval in Sydney behind the SCG.

The drought must have affected Kanebridge all the way out there in the country.

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO wrap of the weekend action is (belatedly) now online.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12