Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan O’Keefe cut by Crows

Ryan O’Keefe cut by Crows

No wonder they’re struggling. No recognition of talent in their own ranks

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    1 win from 15 in the SANFL this year.

Regular in the Side
    The long injury list of their seniors probably would have affected their SANFL team?

If ROK was involved the NEAFL it would be just like old times!

He must’ve really p1ssed Horse off to have been demoted like that.

Good luck to ROK - Swans immortal. I’m not sure we have any space on our coaching panel for someone new like him at this stage. I would think that he will be picked up elsewhere. I see that another ex-Swan in Nicks is currently linked with the Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can come back and replace Stevie J.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Good luck to ROK - Swans immortal. I’m not sure we have any space on our coaching panel for someone new like him at this stage. I would think that he will be picked up elsewhere. I see that another ex-Swan in Nicks is currently linked with the Giants.
    Nicks has told Port he's off. He was an OK player. Allegedly a good coach

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Nicks has told Port he's off. He was an OK player. Allegedly a good coach
    More than useful player who battled injuries and was just a bit past it when he missed out on flag in.2005. Stand to be corrected but still think he was on list that year. Certainly played in famous 2003 Qualifying Final win away v Port Adelaide.

He was on the list in 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    More than useful player who battled injuries and was just a bit past it when he missed out on flag in.2005. Stand to be corrected but still think he was on list that year. Certainly played in famous 2003 Qualifying Final win away v Port Adelaide.
    That Port match is still one of my favourites. Both the first half blitzing and the ability to hang on in the second half, after injuries had devastated the side.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    That Port match is still one of my favourites. Both the first half blitzing and the ability to hang on in the second half, after injuries had devastated the side.
    Birth of the Bloods culture that resonates to this day.

I found this pretty curious. After very recent criticism of how the Crows have dealt with the reporting of their training camp fiasco (where the Crows account differed from that of Collective Mind) tonight Brett Burton (who has born the brunt of criticism for what has been relayed from the Crows about the camp) has been reported as saying this about Ryan O’Keefe’s “departure” from the Crows ...

In a statement on the club's website on Friday night, the Crows said O'Keefe was moving to Melbourne to be closer to family and pursue other opportunities.

"Ryan has been a valued member of our coaching group and his knowledge and dedication are first class," Adelaide head of football Brett Burton told afc.com.au.

This is somewhat at odds with an article from 3 August ...
    VICTORIAN clubs are inquiring about Ryan O'Keefe's coaching services after Adelaide chose not to offer the dual Sydney premiership star a new contract for 2019.

O'Keefe, who coached the Crows' SANFL side the past two seasons, was hopeful at the start of the week about continuing into a fifth year at West Lakes and wasn't looking elsewhere.

The August 1 deadline passed on Wednesday for club officials to give assistant coaches clarity on their future.

His manager, Darian Lobb, told AFL.com.au they were surprised at his exit, but thankful for the chance to start his coaching journey.

Crows are struggling to keep players and struggling with consistent press releases.
    Last edited by goswannies; 31st August 2018 at 11:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast