Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 20 Swans v Collingwood, SCG, Sat 4 Aug 7:25pm @SydneySwans #AFLSwansPies

Heeney needs to get moving has class but has to get involved more

in Floreants defense he of all our younger players (heeney aside) would be getting most attention

id play Marsh ahead of Robinson
    Mcveigh needs another year
    Jack can retire

I don't think losing is ever good for a team. Making the 8 even if we get knocked out in the first final, would still be good experience for the many players who haven't experienced finals football before. I suspect the coaches accept that this year is a development year, not one for silverware.

The only caveat is that there are several players who could be back in time for finals: Hanners, Rohan, Reid, possibly Melican, which might make a difference. Reid in particular.

Rohan might be more effective than a tired Ronke / Hayward, Reid you'd hope would offer more than McCartin. Hanners maybe adds something even if its in a tagging role (like when he played on Gaff). That and bringing Cameron and Towers into the side might let them give one or two of the younger players a break. Longmire clearly feels Cameron can't play the role that McCartin does, which is a shame. And after Brodie Grundy, next week is Max Gawn!

This is the Richmond game plan, but played at a lower level of quality. It's hard to keep the work rate up all game and have everyone on board when it's time to attack. Collingwood have been doing a reasonable job at it most of the year, but were probably just a bit short on personnel to pull it off the past couple of weeks. It's not the most attractive footy at this level, but the Richmond-Geelong game showed it's exciting to watch when played well.

The way to beat Richmond is with KPP marling the ball thru the middle if you play them wide they cut everything off
    They arent tall you need to take them on down the middle

Port and West Coast are equipped to beat them
    Geelong nearly did without geniune marks up the ground

- - - Updated - - -

Any whispers about Mills ?
    i thought at the time maybe Horse didnt want to sound cocky to say he would be back for finals....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    I don't see the point in complaining about the commentary. I hit "mute" as soon as I turn on the TV for the game. The only thing I miss is the clock because the "mute" symbol on the TV sits right over it! I often listen to one of the streaming commentaries - they're a bit out of sync but at least you get some useful information. As they are usually ahead it gives a heads up to look at the TV if something exciting happens during a boring patch. I listened to the Indigenous network last night, which was pretty good.

I don't really rate Longmire as a match day coach but he has a record most coaches would envy so I agree with the "we've been spoilt", "young teams will be up and down" and "really enjoyed beating Collingwood" sentiments more than anything.

Whenever I feel critical of the coaches I always come back to the truth that the club and coaches are doing a better job than I would!
    Good post, especially re mute button. Do it when I was watching Channel 9 cricket but force of habit rules for footy. Will seriously consider it.

Don’t hit mute, just turn the volume down to 1, then you’ll still see the time. Fortunately I went to the game, and didn’t have to do the same, but that is now my favored silencing technique.

[QUOTE=Markwebbos;756873]I don't think losing is ever good for a team. Making the 8 even if we get knocked out in the first final, would still be good experience for the many players who haven't experienced finals football before. I suspect the coaches accept that this year is a development year, not one for silverware.

I concur, all this talk of tiredness and needing time to recover until March 2019 is all a bit how’s your father.
    Unless theres a significant injury needing time to heal , the pointy end of the season is the most exciting time of the year for these youngsters .

And Buddy wants more than just hangin around , he wants another Granny. You can read him like a book.

The time is now always has been always will be in footy.... ask AJ

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Don’t hit mute, just turn the volume down to 1, then you’ll still see the time. Fortunately I went to the game, and didn’t have to do the same, but that is now my favored silencing technique.
    I know, but that's not funny!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by treespirit View Post
    I don't see the point in complaining about the commentary. I hit "mute" as soon as I turn on the TV for the game. The only thing I miss is the clock because the "mute" symbol on the TV sits right over it! I often listen to one of the streaming commentaries - they're a bit out of sync but at least you get some useful information. As they are usually ahead it gives a heads up to look at the TV if something exciting happens during a boring patch. I listened to the Indigenous network last night, which was pretty good.

I don't really rate Longmire as a match day coach but he has a record most coaches would envy so I agree with the "we've been spoilt", "young teams will be up and down" and "really enjoyed beating Collingwood" sentiments more than anything.

Whenever I feel critical of the coaches I always come back to the truth that the club and coaches are doing a better job than I would!
    Don't use the mute , mate....just turn the volume right down and the symbol wont appear.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Commentary narrative all night was the heroism of Collingwood despite their injuries. They were hoping for a Collingwood win so they could run with it. When Buddy took that crucial juggled mark late in the last quarter, Darcy was genuinely disappointed it was paid. Showed his bias.
    Yes I heard Darcy exclaim "Oh No" when Buddy took that mark. He couldn't hide his disappointment!

"You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Fact is always more incredible than fiction .