Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 21 Demons v Swans

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be flabbergasted if Dawson were dropped in the very short term, and surprised if he doesn't play out the rest of the season (injury permitting). Regardless of how great Buddy is, the team needs other scoring options - Longmire said as much in his press conference - and with both Ronke and Hayward looking a little tired and McCartin not a reliable scoreboard contributor at this stage, Dawson looks the far most capable of contributing two or three goals a game as he gets a better feel for the speed and pressure of senior footy. And his long kick to Buddy in the pocket shows he can hit a forward target too. Taking into account the form and physical fitness of most of our senior team, Dawson would just about be in the first ten or so picked right now.

The only one who could beat Max Gawn would be Corky or Hammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The only one who could beat Max Gawn would be Corky or Hammy.
    They *were* very good for us against the pies. :-)

Most worrying is that it isn't just the ruck - our entire on-ball division is well down on form and Melbourne are firing well. I don't see anyone in reserves who might change this though, and I have small hope that Hannebery will make a material difference.

I'm expecting a pretty convincing defeat unfortunately. Melbourne could be a grand finalist though, so I don't think there is a lot of shame in losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I have a bad feeling Rohan might come in at Dawson's expense unless someone else needs a break
    If Hanners comes in for Dawson all confidence I have in Sydneys coaching staff will be shot

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Dawson will not be dropped, needs to now get a solid block of senior games. Did some nice things last week and he knows how to kick a footy and kick it a long way too!
    Starting to get his confidence and is potentially a real weapon. Tallish with the ability to mark it forward and a magnificent kick either for goal or entering the 50.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    If Hanners comes in for Dawson all confidence I have in Sydneys coaching staff will be shot
    If they are intent on bringing Hanners back, there is no shortage of players to make way for him. I love what Florent, Ronke and Hayward have brought at times this year and I think they could all be excellent long term players. But they are also all looking tired at the moment, so giving each of them a week off to freshen up can't be a bad thing, even if they then return to the team to experience some more high pressure, cut-throat games before the year is out. None of them has contributed any more over the last few weeks than the much-criticised 2018 version of Hanners has contributed when in the team.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If Hanners comes in it will almost certainly be for Robinson who played the wing-half forward role that Hannebery has played this year

Rohan I find it harder to believe would come straight back in given in his last game he was dropped to the NEAFL to find touch, only to injure himself and played one half.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

I think Jack should be dropped and try to find form in the NEAFL.
    I would prefer retirement.
    sprite

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If Hanners comes in it will almost certainly be for Robinson who played the wing-half forward role that Hannebery has played this year

Rohan I find it harder to believe would come straight back in given in his last game he was dropped to the NEAFL to find touch, only to injure himself and played one half.
    I agree regarding Hannebery-Robinson. I thought Longmire sounded pretty enthusiastic about bringing Rohan back this week. It would be interesting to see for whom. I suspect Hayward may be rested, which Longmire mentioned after the Bombers game as something he had not been able to do.

I thought Jack was OK. He delivers into the forward 50 better than a lot of our other mids. I doubt he'll be dropped.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I thought Jack was OK. He delivers into the forward 50 better than a lot of our other mids. I doubt he'll be dropped.
    Has the coveted Gold Pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Jack was terrible. Too slow and hesitant, I am convinced he is now irretrievable. Fox does more than Jack and can play back, mid and forward ("flying fox"). We need another ruck option to help Sinclair - he was good around the ground but got towelled up in the ruck by Grundy. On that performance, Gawn will just do the same. Cameron deserves another go, this time with more ruck time. I am confident he has what it takes. McCartain could do with a rest. Surely Hanners can't be ready - can we not just leave him for the rest of the year and have him come out in 2019 fighting fit? Ins: Cameron Fox Outs: Jack McCartain
    KJ had 5 inside 50s, was one of our best in an area where we have sucked recently.
    [sorry - didn't see the rest of Matts post, it was something that stood out for me]
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

No way Jack should be dropped.

Hanners should only come back in if properly fit. He is an absolute liability otherwise. We do need his experience though.

In: Hannebery, Rohan
    Out: Robinson, Hayward (needs a rest)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast