Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 21 Demons v Swans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    No way Jack should be dropped.

Hanners should only come back in if properly fit. He is an absolute liability otherwise. We do need his experience though.

In: Hannebery, Rohan
    Out: Robinson, Hayward (needs a rest)

On the money I reckon Captain although it must be a bit tempting tp give Cameron a game at the expense of young McCartin. McCartin's agility and tank will probably keep him in.

How are we going to win enough centre clearances to blouse this mob?

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    How are we going to win enough centre clearances to blouse this mob?
    Learn to rove to Gawn, simples.
    sprite

A couple of interesting articles up on the Swans website this arvo.

Parker: Swans rapt to have Macca, Jack back Parker: Swans rapt to have Macca, Jack back - sydneyswans.com.au

“It was really important we got Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack back,” Parker said on ABC Grandstand on Sunday. “You want those mature heads and those experienced players playing and those leaders leading the way. Those two were great to have back. They played really well and hopefully we get the likes of Sam Reid and Dan Hannebery back in the next few weeks.”

HCF Injury update aka Ronke right to go: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...ke-right-to-go

Head of Football Tom Harley, “Hanners trained really strongly last week, he ran for the NEAFL side and so he will train again this week and we expect him to play at the MCG on Sunday. Gary [Rohan] also ran for the NEAFL on Saturday and they have both joined in training. Gary will be assessed, as Dan will be, on Friday – we fully expect him to be available.”

Maybe I'm reading too much into that but (1) Parker doesn't mention Gaz as one of the players he's looking forward to returning (2) While Harley says he expects Hanners to play he only says he expects Rohan to be available.

Mccartin had a "Rohan" like game. Nothing, but a flashy cameo. I suspect Rohan will replace him. Just in time for finals. We will never learn.
    Hannerbury for Robinson is like for like.

Regular in the Side
    So Marsh two weeks and Maibaum around four weeks. No mention of COR, Foote or Rose. Grundy also not worthy of a comment. Very difficult to speculate on changes when so little information is given. Reading about other teams on BF it seems that the main gripe supporters of all teams have is the disdain that their clubs treat them with injury updates or rather lack of injury updates.

Rose is a Test this week. COR and Foote not on the injury list, which means .................................... nothing.

I agree with some of the above - Jack did improve our clearances and F50's. So I would retain him.

I think Haywood is likely along with Robinson to be dropped.

Into the team Hanners and Rohan. Need Gazzas pace on the MCG against a fast Melbourne side. Last chance for Hanners to show what he can do otherwise off to the Saints ?

This talk of needing a break

Hmmmm I think some players look like they need a break only because we are still not a fast enough team

For me there is too many opposition teams that have recruited faster players in alignment with the faster game and new rules

we are struggling to compete when opposition midfields flood forward in numbers

I watch it most weeks and it happened again on the eeekend ie Varcoe just pushed ahead of his man and skinned us alive first qtr or two

If only we had an inside mid who could gather 30-40 possessions a game and give it to our outside runners....
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If only we had an inside mid who could gather 30-40 possessions a game and give it to our outside runners....
    If only

I would think hanners would need a game in the NEAFL before coming back.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast