Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 21 Demons v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I think it has to be a case by case basis. If we stuck to that, Buddy would be sitting in the stands at the moment.
    There may be merit in that.
    I'd hate for him to be still playing with injury next year.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    I think it has to be a case by case basis. If we stuck to that, Buddy would be sitting in the stands at the moment.
    Not really sure how injured Buddy actually is. He just kicked 6.4 (and set up the Ronke & Kennedy goals with his insanely good field kicking) and pretty much won a game by himself against a fairly decent opponent.

I reckon look at the team and whether it would be better with / without Hanners, Reid etc. Plus whether they can last a whole game.

I reckon Reid would have gone better than Xavier in the 2016 GF and broken Hanners is still better than our worst.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Swans $3.00
    Dees $1.40

Bookies must know something we don’t.
    Dees haven’t beaten anyone in the top 9.
    Gawn didn’t train .
    Those odds seem about right to me. Dees deserve to be favourites, it will take a big effort from the Swans to take the 4 points. I expect to lose, but I'm hoping the boys turn up and have a crack. I want to see better transition from defence through the midfield, we will lose if we consistently turn the ball over coming out. McVeigh somewhat mitigated this last week, but previously it had been frustrating.

Talking

That's the kind of sensible comment that makes it hard to have an online discussion

The real problem is that it's about risk management. It's difficult for coaches to know exactly how fit a player is, and how he is going to play if he is brought back. They have to weigh the risk.

The thing about balancing risks, is that the more information you have, the better your chances of getting it right. And the coaches & selection panel have masses more information than we do as fans. They have seen the players train, spoken to them, spoken to the medical team and seen the medical reports. We have access to virtually none of that.

Only they know the odds of the game they are playing. We only see the outcome.

In 2012, we play a bunch of half-fit players (Richards, Goodes, Mumford et al.) and we win. The coaches are geniuses! In 2016, we do the same thing and we lose. The coaches are idiots! In fact, they took a chance each time, perhaps the same chance. Who knows if it was the right one or the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Swans $3.00
    Dees $1.40

Bookies must know something we don’t.
    Dees haven’t beaten anyone in the top 9.
    Gawn didn’t train .
    At the Herald Sun, 28 out of 29 have tipped the Demons. One has tipped Melbourne by 80 points!

Hoping for an upset

Warming the Bench
    extended bench are Dawson, Papley, Cameron, Newman, Hannebery, Robinson, Rohan, Towers.

who will get the nod? For me it Papley, Dawson, Newman and Cameron.

Paps and Dawson are no-brainers. Newman worked really hard last week and is getting better. I think we need some ruck help against Gawn. Cameron will be a bit more competitive than any other stand in and Sinclair needs some support.

My brain says we'll get beaten but my heart says maybe, maybe we can win. If we can nullify the demons at centre clearances then....hmmm Jones, Oliver, Petracca. George Hewett is going to have a busy night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    extended bench are Dawson, Papley, Cameron, Newman, Hannebery, Robinson, Rohan, Towers.

who will get the nod? For me it Papley, Dawson, Newman and Cameron.

Paps and Dawson are no-brainers. Newman worked really hard last week and is getting better. I think we need some ruck help against Gawn. Cameron will be a bit more competitive than any other stand in and Sinclair needs some support.

My brain says we'll get beaten but my heart says maybe, maybe we can win. If we can nullify the demons at centre clearances then....hmmm Jones, Oliver, Petracca. George Hewett is going to have a busy night.
    Hewett will take Oliver.

Gawn may be a late out

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Hewett will take Oliver.

Gawn may be a late out
    That would help. Goodwin claimed he was having a light week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    At the Herald Sun, 28 out of 29 have tipped the Demons. One has tipped Melbourne by 80 points!

Hoping for an upset
    Melbourne haven't beaten a team higher than North (10th).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Melbourne haven't beaten a team higher than North (10th).
    And if they beat us this statement could still be true.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    And if they beat us this statement could still be true.
    True, a Cats win would push us out of the eight before the game. So if we lose the Dees still wouldn't have beaten a team in the top 8
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast