Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 21 Demons v Swans

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Towers is the traveling emergency

Cameron, Robinson and Rohan to play NEAFL.

Senior Player
    Just to put the game in context a little bit, I just did the ladder predictor in the AFL site.

If I gave us 3/3 (v Melbourne, GWS, Hawthorn) we finished 4th.
    If I gave us 2/3 we finished 7th or 8th.
    If I gave us 1/3 we finished 9th or 10th.

For what it's worth I think we'll go WLW (which would be 7th on my predictor).

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Just to put the game in context a little bit, I just did the ladder predictor in the AFL site.

If I gave us 3/3 (v Melbourne, GWS, Hawthorn) we finished 4th.
    If I gave us 2/3 we finished 7th or 8th.
    If I gave us 1/3 we finished 9th or 10th.

For what it's worth I think we'll go WLW (which would be 7th on my predictor).
    I was thinking this way to. Can't see us bring GWS, so we must win against Melbourne to make finals.

GWS is the game I feel most confident about. With one “freak” exception, We always lose to Hawthorn. Really would hate to be relying on beating them to make the 8.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    GWS is the game I feel most confident about. With one “freak” exception, We always lose to Hawthorn. Really would hate to be relying on beating them to make the 8.
    Be nice to beat the Hawks and tipping them out of the finals. Great pain or great reward!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Be nice to beat the Hawks and tipping them out of the finals. Great pain or great reward!
    With Dane Rampe best on ground.

It's quite possible to win 2 out of 3 and still finish ninth. This game is a must win for us to play finals. I think GWS are the 2nd best side, so if we lose in a close game to them I would think we were still a shot at playing the GF, otherwise we will just be making up the numbers.

This week we have close to our best side for the rest of the season. Jones should come back next week and we can shuffle a few positions without making much of a difference. So this game should be a fair indication of where we are at. I'm not surprised that none of the 'experts' expect us to win.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Gws seem to have injuries mounting again. If they play well they’ll thrash us but as it is the game could go either way imo

That’s true for most of the top 10 or 11. Win 2 out of 3 or risk missing the finals

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    So, we're most likely to finish 7th-10th AB?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Maybe Horse acknowledges that this season is shot and he's putting a few games under the belts of our youngsters? At least I hope that's his intentions.
    That’s why the selection is confusing - if so you’d just rest Hannebery for the rest of the year, play guys like Robinson and Cameron etc.

There’s just no excuses if we miss finals, particularly when you look at what teams like Collingwood and Hawthorn have done.

If we do miss, which is likely, I think Longmire has to have a really honest look at how disastrous starts and ends to the last 2 years have killed us. A few injuries (but not crippling like other teams have dealt with) and playing some youngsters (ditto) aren’t an excuse.

And how you can lose to Gold Coast probably warrants a full blown review on its own.

Hopefully I’m wrong, the younger guys play well and we win today - and I’ll give Horse credit for getting it right if so. But I think it’s fair to do the opposite if it doesn’t. But either way, don’t use it as an excuse, when there are other options available they choosing not to use.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast