Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 21 Demons v Swans

Changes Round 21 Demons v Swans

Just heard Longmire on radio say Daniel Hannebery will be returning to the side this week. My guess he could be replacing Ronke if he needs a week to recover from concussion.

Warming the Bench
    Ronke had a migraine
    He will be right to go

If Ronke is good to go I'd imagine the only change would be Robinson out and Hanners in
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Hayward and McCartin look like they need a rest and I'd be tempted to bring in Towers and Cameron to cover. But I doubt they'd tinker too much this close to the end of the year...

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Hayward and McCartin look like they need a rest and I'd be tempted to bring in Towers and Cameron to cover. But I doubt they'd tinker too much this close to the end of the year...
    I don't think Hayward needs a rest. I think he is having to learn to deal with a lot closer attention than he has previously, something he is going to have to work through.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I agree hayward and mccartin need rest, towers hanneberry Cameron in robinson out again
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Jack was terrible. Too slow and hesitant, I am convinced he is now irretrievable. Fox does more than Jack and can play back, mid and forward ("flying fox"). We need another ruck option to help Sinclair - he was good around the ground but got towelled up in the ruck by Grundy. On that performance, Gawn will just do the same. Cameron deserves another go, this time with more ruck time. I am confident he has what it takes. McCartain could do with a rest. Surely Hanners can't be ready - can we not just leave him for the rest of the year and have him come out in 2019 fighting fit? Ins: Cameron Fox Outs: Jack McCartain

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I love Cameron and what he's done in the NEAFL this year but he won't be able to stop Gawn's prowess in the ruck. If you bring him in, all that is going to change is that it will be Cameron that is dominated at the hitouts instead of Sinclair. It is up to the midfield to counter Gawn's taps like we did on Saturday night, where despite Grundy's clear dominance we only lost clearances by 1 and restricted Pendlebury and Sidebottom to 1 clearance in total.

Bringing back two older, experienced players, produced a better outcome than the previous week. Although Kizza only had 9 disposals, he had 5 tackles and 5 inside 50s. I'm not sold on him at all, but I don't think he'll be going out of the side this week.

Hanners and possibly Rohan will be coming in. I don't think Cameron will unless they think McCartin absolutely has to have a week off. Cameron's not able to play the same role. I have a bad feeling Rohan might come in at Dawson's expense unless someone else needs a break - like Florent or Hayward.

IN: Hanners OUT: Robinson
    IN: Rohan OUT: Dawson, Florent or Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I love Cameron and what he's done in the NEAFL this year but he won't be able to stop Gawn's prowess in the ruck. If you bring him in, all that is going to change is that it will be Cameron that is dominated at the hitouts instead of Sinclair. It is up to the midfield to counter Gawn's taps like we did on Saturday night, where despite Grundy's clear dominance we only lost clearances by 1 and restricted Pendlebury and Sidebottom to 1 clearance in total.
    It may well be that Cameron won't do better than Sinclair against Gawn, but I think the combination of Cameron and Sinclair is stronger, both in the ruck and up forward, than a McCartin-Sinclair combo. It will help keep a fresher player on Gawn throughout the game and give us some ruck advantage when Gawn is resting. I like McCartin a lot and think he has a bright future, but I would have rather seen us give Cameron the run of senior games. His NEAFL form deserves it. I'm sure you know that Cameron leads the NEAFL in Dreamtime points by a wide margin. And why can't we play Cameron when we come up against a dominant ruckman and McCartin when we don't?

There's no mention of the injury status of Colin O'Riordan. I know he was omitted due to a hip complaint, but he wasn't on the injury list so perhaps it's not that serious.

I think Jack should be dropped and try to find form in the NEAFL. I don't see how it serves anyone to keep playing him the way he's been going this year. Whether it's his hip or something else, it's clearly restricting his movement too much and he hardly has an impact on games. Why not make it a priority to get him fit for next year?

Veterans List
    Dawson will not be dropped, needs to now get a solid block of senior games. Did some nice things last week and he knows how to kick a footy and kick it a long way too!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast