Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not a Faustian pact for me. North are my most detested team by far, regardless of finals ramifications for us.
    You'd be very pleased about Blakey's decision then Liz? :-)

Norf is also one of the many teams I detest. Their supporters seem to have a chip on their shoulder as they get so upset easily when things don't go their way & think the world is against them. Probably due to them being the smallest Vic club. I remember them demanding to get the 4 match points after Jessie White briefly ran on & off the ground (19 secs) as the 19th man. And the ferocious booing of Adam Goodes in his last game

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Titus O'Reilly's report on the Swans/Dees match is a classic.....

Melbourne (78) v Sydney (87)

"Melbourne kept their ‘missing the finals in the most heartbreaking manner possible’ hopes alive with a stunning display at the MCG on Sunday.

Rogue Swan.....you cannibalised my post.....can you at least put the link to the article back, which I have been told is necessary when quoting an article? Sheese......moderator? .....try 'terminator!'

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Rogue Swan.....you cannibalised my post.....can you at least put the link to the article back, which I have been told is necessary when quoting an article? Sheese......moderator? .....try 'terminator!'
    The link is still there. It's the blue text that reads like the score but is a hyperlink to TOR's article.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    You'd be very pleased about Blakey's decision then Liz? :-)
    I'd be happy about Blakey's decision regardless of which other club or clubs he'd had to chose between. I've only seen him in a couple of U18 games and one NEAFL game but it's enough to tell me he's a deceptively athletic player (albeit physically underdeveloped at the moment) with a very high football IQ.

But the response from North (and North stooges) to the looming Blakey decision did nothing to convince me my contempt for their club was unwarranted. For example, David King demanding that FS should have priority over academy selections, something that makes no sense when FS is entirely optional for the player.

Veterans List
    Umpires: my son knows Troy Pannell so I usually take a closer look at umpiring when he is officiating a game. From what I see he is usually rather unassuming and doesn't have as many howlers as others. I would think he is ranked a fair way down the umpiring pecking order. Any thoughts. I note that he doesn't seem to be on the radar/laser beam of RWOers.

Veterans List
    The link is still there. It's the blue text that reads like the score but is a hyperlink to TOR's article.
    All good then......

I'd be happy about Blakey's decision regardless of which other club or clubs he'd had to chose between. I've only seen him in a couple of U18 games and one NEAFL game but it's enough to tell me he's a deceptively athletic player (albeit physically underdeveloped at the moment) with a very high football IQ.

But the response from North (and North stooges) to the looming Blakey decision did nothing to convince me my contempt for their club was unwarranted. For example, David King demanding that FS should have priority over academy selections, something that makes no sense when FS is entirely optional for the player.
    Yes, and there seemed to be a certain section of North supporters, who were very keen to boo Buddy, the other week. Not sure why, but my guess is that they're the sort of knuckle dragging morons, who were feeling all nostalgic, about the days when they got to boo Goodesy.
    Though I suspect that if you asked them, they would trot out the old furphy of "He stages for free kicks". Which would be a touch ironic, as they have Ben 'the tumbleweed' Brown in their side.

I wonder if the North fans will boo Nick Blakey. Maybe David King will lead the chorus.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Umpires: my son knows Troy Pannell so I usually take a closer look at umpiring when he is officiating a game. From what I see he is usually rather unassuming and doesn't have as many howlers as others. I would think he is ranked a fair way down the umpiring pecking order. Any thoughts. I note that he doesn't seem to be on the radar/laser beam of RWOers.
    I'm not a fan of Pannell...he can be dodgy although not as bad as others like Stevic. Nicholls was very quick to penalise us on the weekend. The one umpire I don't mind this year is Chamberlain. And I can't believe I'm saying that after the horrendous umpiring years ago in that Fremantle game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm not a fan of Pannell...he can be dodgy although not as bad as others like Stevic. Nicholls was very quick to penalise us on the weekend. The one umpire I don't mind this year is Chamberlain. And I can't believe I'm saying that after the horrendous umpiring years ago in that Fremantle game.
    Thinks he is as important as the players the way he talks but I reckon he is the best decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The one umpire I don't mind this year is Chamberlain. And I can't believe I'm saying that after the horrendous umpiring years ago in that Fremantle game.
    Haha! I agree with you on both points.

I rarely boo players or umpires - but I sure joined in voicing my disapproval of Chamberlain at that Fremantle match! But he has been good this year.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast