Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    For me the most aesthetically pleasing game is when the Swans play North.
    Clearly you are not referring to the football!

Veterans List
    This is not footy related but it's sport and it's general and I just have to get it off my chest.....

The jury in the Ben Stokes case must have all been cricket fans keen to see him back in the team! FFS! How he got found not guilty on the available evidence, both on film and given in the trial, is beyond me.....

Does England not have the same attitude as us toward thuggery and coward punching? David Hookes must be turning in his grave......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    This is not footy related but it's sport and it's general and I just have to get it off my chest.....

The jury in the Ben Stokes case must have all been cricket fans keen to see him back in the team! FFS! How he got found not guilty on the available evidence, both on film and given in the trial, is beyond me.....

Does England not have the same attitude as us toward thuggery and coward punching? David Hookes must be turning in his grave......

No one should get off scot free for what he did, regardless of the motive. Sets a shocking precedent.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

No one should get off scot free for what he did, regardless of the motive. Sets a shocking precedent.

7 weeks out, Richmond look like having this years Premiership in the bag . They are raging favourites.
    Healthy list, playing like they own every game, an unstoppable juggernaut, 100k members .
    Another lopsided Granny ?

It’s hard to see any other outcome .

They are paying $2.25 to take it out.

Next is GWS at $7.00

This finals series looks a bit boring for everyone else (than a Tigers fan).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    7 weeks out, Richmond look like having this years Premiership in the bag . They are raging favourites.
    Healthy list, playing like they own every game, an unstoppable juggernaut, 100k members .

Next is GWS at $7.00

We can beat them.

#AFL Round 21 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    We can beat them.
    I love it!

The finals series needs an upset in the first week, where Richmond lose and then probably have to win an interstate prelim.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    We can beat them.
    In the unlikely event of us getting through to the GF, if Richmond as expected is the opponent, I reckon they wouldn't be getting ahead of themselves, in fact they might be quite worried as I also think we can beat them. If it bleeds.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The finals series needs an upset in the first week, where Richmond lose and then probably have to win an interstate prelim.
    Now that would be brilliant.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post

Next is GWS at $7.00

The team that wins the minor premiership has a pretty poor record for winning the premiership. And in the last 2 years in particular, teams have come from nowhere to win. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...minor_premiers

I’ll go to bed a bit more optimistic, thanks.
    BTW,

Those host girls on
    ON THE MARK (Sarah Jones, Neroli Meadows , what a lovely name and Kelli Underwood)
    I think it’s called
    draw back-stories out of players that the men hosting other shows would not be able to do.

Neville Jetta tonight .
    He was 300km outback from Bunbury shooting kangaroos for consumption when a message happened to come through that MFC were in Town wanting to talk to him.
    So they set off to come back but broke down 100km out.
    They finally tracked a relative down to fetch them.
    48 hours later MFC we’re still there waiting to talk to him.
    He spoke very very well.

ON THE MARK is a great show. Agree with Hotpotato re: the ladies being able to draw stories out of players that maybe men could not.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast