Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 21 Weekly Discussion Thread

Another cracker of a game for Friday night....... Sheese, I hope the AFL raise their game re: the Friday Night fixture next year. I wish tonight was Hawks v Cats, now that would deliver! Alas, that will be not be on free to air and I will be at work anyway.

There's really only 4 decent games this round....Hawks v Cats, Port v WC, Giants v Crows and Dees v Swans. Hopefully Lions surprise against Collingwood and Dogs beat Norf, seeing the Dogs are stuffed.....normally I wouldn't be hoping for a Dogs win.

Quote from Titus O'Reilly re: Dees chances against us. "I think they can do it, but I am deluded."

A highly unhelpful guide to Round Twenty One | Titus O'Reily

Have a great weekend..... Go Swans!!

Veterans List
    And the AFL wonder why tv audiences are down when they schedule games like this??

I’m surfin between AFL and Rugby League only because a mate is a rabid Rabbits supporter .

Veterans List
    Gee, 10 minutes before half time and against all the odds, tonight's match was all tied up and looking promising......since then, eight goals to one to the Dons. 45 pts the difference at 3/4 time. Yawn!

Is Anthony McDonald Tipenwuti contracted to the Bombers?
    He’s so clean with his gathering and disposals.

Veterans List
    I had similar thoughts re: McDonald Tipenwuti while watching him tonight.....would love him at the Swans.

The Weekend Australian August 11-12

“Magic in awe of Buddy miracle”.

Micky O reflects he didn’t train hardly at all during his last 5-6 yrs (knee tendinitis) , so understands Lances issues .

Helped enormously to get him (M) to over 300 games.

In awe of what Buddy does, but he wasn’t nicknamed Magic for nothing .

Micky O played in a different era and played pretty close to goal, plus his game wasn’t based on athleticism the way Buddy’s is. Still amazing but!

There is almost no byplay, no pushing, shoving, slapping or anything like that in the Geelong Hawthorn game. Both sides just focused on playing the game. I don't think it's missed at all, nor does the game look any less physical. It shows it can be done.

Veterans List
    Ludwig I'm at the game and there is some push and shove but mostly with Ablett.

And typical feral hawks supporters they are booing Ablett every time he gets the ball.

Hawks possibly the biggest challenge to a Tigers repeat.

Senior Player
    Cold and raining here in Canberra. Hopefully Giants-Crows becomes a low-scoring slog and Adelaide snatch it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast