Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Rd 21 Swans v Melbourne, MCG, Sun 12 Aug 3:20pm @SydneySwans #AFLDeesSwans

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

#AFL Rd 21 Swans v Melbourne, MCG, Sun 12 Aug 3:20pm @SydneySwans #AFLDeesSwans

No changes

Starting benches
    Spargo Tyson Kennedy-Harris Hunt
    Florent Jack Newman Dawson

Umpires are Mathew Nicholls (15) Craig Fleer (26) Jeff Dalgleish (7)

Massive game for both the Swans and Dees. Despite the big difference in odds (Swans paying $3.20 vs Melb $1.37), both teams are on 48 points with a record of 12-7. Both teams also have very difficult draws - Dees have WC away and GWS home. The big difference is percentage. A Melbourne win would likely guarantee them a spot in the bottom of the 8 for finals even if they lose their last two games. The Swans don't have that luxury with their poor percentage so need to win this game and one other.

Fearing the worst, hoping for the best. Swans by 8

Regular in the Side
    We have been better after an 8 Days Break! ( A bye was too long though!) We also perform better when we are the underdog! Go Swans!

Veterans List
    Buddy must be feeling good because he participated in the warm up and had shots at goal. In previous games in Melbourne I don't recall seeing him out there.

Aliir was taking it easy listening to music and going through drills.

Veteran Site Admin
    What's the weather like in Melbourne this afternoon? I've kinda forgotten what rain looks, feels and smells like living in Sydney this winter but I gather it's been rather wet in Melbourne in recent weeks. The ground looked slippery for the Cats Dorks game yesterday, so I imagine it will be the same for this game, even if it's dry today.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    What's the weather like in Melbourne this afternoon? I've kinda forgotten what rain looks, feels and smells like living in Sydney this winter but I gather it's been rather wet in Melbourne in recent weeks. The ground looked slippery for the Cats Dorks game yesterday, so I imagine it will be the same for this game, even if it's dry today.
    It's cool. We had a fair bit of rain yesterday and again last night. MCG drains very well.

Senior Player
    Is it a good thing to have McVeigh, Hanners and Jack all in the one team? Elite players at their best, but are we too slow with all three?

Fingers crossed we get a fair go from the umpires.

Senior Player
    Looking sharp today, good signs early.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Looking sharp today, good signs early.
    +1

Senior Player
    Buddy not held? Big miss from the umps there.

What does it take for Buddy to get a free?

- - - Updated - - -

Swans go long and wide from defence and Dees bring it straight back

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast