Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Membership ladder

Originally posted by Steve
    Sorry Toothy, you lost me a long while back.

You said a few posts back that the Canberra game wasn't your issue but the Bulldogs game was - then concur with Gunn's argument about why Kangaroos game should be in Melbourne and not Canberra????

A long while back, a few posts back?? What's wrong? You going senile?

Was your quoting of Gunn an explicit attempt to bait for a response from him/her? Why else would you have done it hey?
    nope. just to get a response from you. It was a pretty poor response considering I had mentioned previously that I never throw my full thoughts into a post because it's tedious. I much prefer face to face communication - You get that when you have the job I do. If someone says something I agree with, I will back them. Pretty simple really.

I'm not losing any sleep over the current situation - those who are, need to either get over it or make an official submission to the AFL.
    I put a comma in there for you just to let it make a bit more sense from my perspective. Inspiration by NMW . Hope you don't mind me misquoting.

I have put in a submission previously, unoficially of course, but nothing has changed. Guess we just have to trust that the club will do what they state they are going to do. Not that I really care on a personal note. I'm lucky to see them play twice a year now Doesn't mean I still don't care for my roots.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

The pulling you up on a blatant inconsistency was what happened a few posts back - my inability to make sense of your argument was what occured long ago.

Originally posted by Tooth Fairy
    I never throw my full thoughts into a post because it's tedious. I much prefer face to face communication...
    Obviously THIS is the reason most of your arguments make little sense.

A bit of a cop-out though - to participate in a message board debate yet not want to go to the (tedious) effort of actually articulating a detailed/complete argument.

At least Charlie detailed his arguments, however off the mark I may think they are/were. In preference to quoting multiple paragraphs and giving one or two sentence aggressive responses.

Yep and like I posted previously... I don't care what you or anyone else on this board, that does not know the true me, thinks of me.

If you had my job you'd understand why I can't be bothered typing to explain myself. I try to be a "real lifer" as much as I can away from work. So, quite simply, No not a cop out.

Like I said, keep it to PM's if u like. I notice you haven't bothered with that suggestion because you must thrive on getting the last word in when your almighty credo is being challenged. You want to hear my full tilt on the subject? Come to Perth and we'll have a beer and then discuss it. My shout.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Originally posted by Tooth Fairy
    Come to Perth and we'll have a beer and then discuss it. My shout.
    me too ?

Sure Bart. You are more than welcome

Just thought I'd thank everyone for their contributions to this absolutely fascinating read, but my thanks are even stronger for those who have refrained from continuing to add their insightful comments for the last 2 days.

Thankyou
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Originally posted by sharpie
    but my thanks are even stronger for those who have refrained from continuing to add their insightful comments for the last 2 days.

Thankyou
    Well as this had disappeared off the page, you are doing your cause no good at all by bumping it back up.

All I have to offer is that Freo play IN MELBOURNE six times this year.

Swans, four (plus a game in Geelong where season ticket holders have to PAY FOR A SEAT!!!!!!)

This is not appropriate and I would like something done about it. I don't think there's any need for any family bickering about it.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Originally posted by sharp9
    All I have to offer is that Freo play IN MELBOURNE six times this year.

Swans, four (plus a game in Geelong where season ticket holders have to PAY FOR A SEAT!!!!!!)

This is not appropriate and I would like something done about it. I don't think there's any need for any family bickering about it.
    Aha, after watching this debate for so long, I've finally seen a post that I can relate to!

I am disappointed about the number of games, but I accept that the Swans are doing what they can about that (within their own priorities, of course).

But I'm not sure that the Swans realise the damage they are doing to the supporter base by not being more careful about which games are played in Melb.

As an example of what I'm talking about, my immediate family are all Swans fans to varying degrees, and they are probably representative of the 'marginal' fans that the Swans administration would like to get onside thru Melb memberships.

Of the five people in my family, one won't go to Docklands because she gets claustrophobic. Another two won't go to Princes Park because it is a **** ground and so exposed to the weather (and members have to pay for a seat if the general area is full).

None of us will go to Kardinia Park, because it's a **** ground, it's too exposed to the weather, it's too far away, members have to pay extra for a seat, and there's no guarantee that you'll even get in.

So, do I buy 5 memberships for this family, or do I buy some lesser number, and get a subscription to Fox Footy?

My point in all this is that it is wrong to assume that prospective members (i.e. just 'average' supporters, not the rabid fans that we get on this Board) even consider that they are getting 5 games in Melbourne in 2004. My bet is that most see it as only 4, or maybe even only 3.

Not much incentive to buy a membership! And virtually no incentive to want to get the whole family involved . . . . which makes you wonder where the future supporter base in Melb is going to come from?

Originally posted by Bart
    Well as this had disappeared off the page, you are doing your cause no good at all by bumping it back up.
    yeah, I know, haha, was a well disguised bump, eh? Thought I'd see if anyone could get it going even longer, maybe hit 20 pages!
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516