Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd22 vs GWS

Do we know where Reid is at? How many weeks away? Is he back training?

Simple changes this week if Grundy ok. All like for like.

In: Jones, Grundy
    Out: AJ, Smith

Not sure where Sam Reid-Johnson is at....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Newman was very good yesterday, he was very good last year, let's back him in as a defender which is where he plays his best football.

Jones and COR for me, we need run against GWS and these two have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Do we know where Reid is at? How many weeks away? Is he back training?

Simple changes this week if Grundy ok. All like for like.

In: Jones, Grundy
    Out: AJ, Smith
    I spoke to Sammy after our last home match. He said "a couple of weeks".
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I think if Rohan is OK, he could be brought in. Someone needs to be able to try and chase down Lachie Whitfield as he has been
    pretty much unstoppable lately.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think if Rohan is OK, he could be brought in. Someone needs to be able to try and chase down Lachie Whitfield as he has been
    Rohan barely lasted a quarter in the NEAFL game. That follows him breaking his hand before half-time in his previous outing. We've not been furnished with any news yet about what his problem was, but it's hard to see him being selected to play senior footy next week.

I seem to recall that when we played GWS early in the season, Whitfield was kept well under control. Can anyone remember who played on him?

Even if it wasn't Cunningham last time, he might be a good option this week. He played more forward against the Dees than he has for most of the season, and he also showed against the Hawks' Smith that he is capable of shutting down an opponent, if called upon to do so. The main thing working against that is Kelly. Along with Whitfield, he's probably the key Giant to try and keep under control. Assuming he recovers from his concussion, Cunningham seems the best equipped Swan to run with him. Hewett has been our most used tagger this year but I'm not sure how equipped he is to play on Kelly or Whitfield. (Waiting for someone to point out that it was Hewett who did a decent job on Whitfield in the last game - which I confess I have a sneaking feeling might be the case.)

I think it was Hewitt who did some roles as a defensive forward. Hasn’t Whitfield moved into the midfield now?

GWS don't have a particularly tall forward line now that Lobb has to ruck. Allir and Rampe should be ok

It was Hewett. If Kelly doesn’t get up to play that would be a huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Rohan is the least likely swan to be able to do that.

Some of mccartin's second efforts last week were the work of a tired man. That Rohan s only hope of a call up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It was Hewett. If Kelly doesn’t get up to play that would be a huge help.
    Kelly would be unlikely to play. Although GWS are in great form, the constant 3-4 forced changes every week must be taking their toll with cohesion.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    If the coaches feel we need a defensive HFF we may see Robinson back in this week.

Probably his best role at this stage imo.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Newman was very good yesterday, he was very good last year, let's back him in as a defender which is where he plays his best football.

Jones and COR for me, we need run against GWS and these two have it.
    Newman was good yesterday because he got loose and hurt Melbourne because he is an excellent kick when given time and space. A couple of times he was exposed on his right side and when his lack of foot speed was obvious. He is very effective when he gets it in space, but I still have worries about him with his lack of pace but he definitely deserves to stay in the side.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast